Dolby Vision and 1.15.3

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
aboulfad

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.3

Post by aboulfad »

priitv8 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 pm
For me the success came specifically with tsMuxeR nightly, after simply remuxing the tracks.
thanks, I am using the latest nightly for macOS: 2.6.11 but its exiting with error 254 and sync issues or stopping before end of stream. I am trying without sub-titles, then I'll try without audio... and it still fails.
Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps.
Hmm the version above isn't nightly!

Code: Select all

~/Downloads/mac-nightly-2021-01-06$ ./tsMuxeR --version
tsMuxeR version git-e6b1ed8. github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer

/Applications/tsMuxerGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxeR --version
Network Optix tsMuxeR.  Version 2.6.11. www.networkoptix.com
Last edited by aboulfad on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Oppo UDP-203, ATV 4K] —> Anthem MRX-720 —> LG OLED65E7P
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

aboulfad wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm
quietvoid wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:49 pm
MediaInfo doesn't differentiate the different EL types.
thank you, then I guess the stock Oppo UDP-203 maybe doesn't support single track double layer DV in .mkv. I'll try m2ts next which some users claimed success.
Why are you going through so much trouble if you have the oppo? Just play it from the full folder backup and call it a day. It will never support DV in MKV unless it gets some sort of firmware update, which is unlikely since it's a discontinued product.
aboulfad

Post by aboulfad »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm
Why are you going through so much trouble if you have the oppo? Just play it from the full folder backup and call it a day. It will never support DV in MKV unless it gets some sort of firmware update, which is unlikely since it's a discontinued product.
Because of the archaic media browser in either the player or app... I am trying the Emby route to serve an m2ts or ts (DV) to the Oppo over DNLA. Browsing the DV movies in Oppo is really a chore. Agreed its too much trouble to do it but its fun to try and learn : - ) thanks for confirming that Oppo doesn't support DV in mkv.
Last edited by aboulfad on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
priitv8

Post by priitv8 »

aboulfad wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Hmm the version above isn't nightly!
True, that is the last release of the original. It even does not support the HEVC stream properly. So it is just a relic. Take the one built today.
Shawn’s advice to spin the iso image of the disc is even better. If your oppo can handle it. You will retain menus, chapters - things that are not encapsulated into m2ts.
aboulfad

Post by aboulfad »

priitv8 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:39 pm
True, that is the last release of the original. It even does not support the HEVC stream properly. So it is just a relic. Take the one built today.
Shawn’s advice to spin the iso image of the disc is even better. If your oppo can handle it. You will retain menus, chapters - things that are not encapsulated into m2ts.
Oh I already have my BDMV backups and it works nicely over SMB to Oppo, just dislike the interface for browsing. So I am attempting to use Emby server along their nice apps to serve a ts to Oppo. The nightly did finish the mixing without audio or subtitles. I'll try ts format too to see what works best.
priitv8

Post by priitv8 »

aboulfad wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:50 pm
Oh I already have my BDMV backups and it works nicely over SMB to Oppo, just dislike the interface for browsing. So I am attempting to use Emby server along their nice apps to serve a ts to Oppo. The nightly did finish the mixing without audio or subtitles. I'll try ts format too to see what works best.
You will need to select audio and subtitle tracks that you intend to mux in.
And you'd rather feed it a mpls playlist, than a m2ts file directly. This way you see language codes the tracks have + in case the movie consists of several merged m2ts clips, you get them merged properly.
Technically, the tool works flawless, so the resulting m2ts stream or iso image should work without problems.
Last edited by priitv8 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aboulfad

Post by aboulfad »

^^^ @priitv8 since using the nightly, its all working and followed your suggestions from some guide online. I created a ts and m2ts that I will try directly via Oppo USB then I'll try using the Emby server/app to see if serving either of those to the Oppo works. This should give a nice UI to browse media but a bit more work to go from DV rip to viewing on Oppo. thank you!

Update: ts via Oppo USB -> pink/weird patterns and screen freeze. m2ts/USB -> DV. Emby didn't stream either to Oppo and the latter would completely lock and requires a power recycle. ah well back to BDMV folders over SMB and using the archaic media browser :(
seehazy

Post by seehazy »

It's difficult to browse these threads for answers, so I hope I can be excused for these questions.

I backed up a disc with 1.15.3 and Mediainfo reported the following as HDR format: [Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.00, EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible]. I have now backed up the same disc again with 1.15.4 and the HDR format is reported differently: [Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible].

What is the difference between EL+RPU and BL+EL+RPU? Is there an actual functional difference between what was extracted previously versus now?
SeaZe

Post by SeaZe »

Is there any way to play Dolby Vision MKVs without Nvidia Shield? I have heard you can convert it to MP4 but I want to keep the dolby atmos sound
bkrieger674

Post by bkrieger674 »

I have the Nvidia Shield 2019 pro with LG CX. Is the correct way to playback Dolby vision on the Shield to rip backups using MAKE MKV only or are there other steps and programs needed?

Also read there are color issues using Dolby vision with the Nvidia Shield having to do with single and dual layer. Is this correct and is there a fix for this?

Thanks