Back To The Future Part III UK Copy Not Working At All

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ZANTHERA

Back To The Future Part III UK Copy Not Working At All

Post by ZANTHERA »

I've been able to get the first and second films to transfer perfectly fine but the third one is just leaving my drive in a loop of trying to read it forever. I did have the same thing happen with the other two discs but after cleaning them with iso alcohol they both then worked, however Part III isn't doing the same after being cleaned.

I don't know how to alter any settings for my drive to try and get it to work and I don't want to risk bricking my drive if something goes wrong, what other solutions are there?

I have an ASUS BC-12D2HT drive on firmware 3.11.
Woodstock

Re: Back To The Future Part III UK Copy Not Working At All

Post by Woodstock »

Have you read the other major "BTTF UHD doesn't work" topics?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ZANTHERA

Post by ZANTHERA »

Yes and they have mentioned how they altered registry settings with their drives which I don't know how to do and don't really want to do in case I brick my drive.

It's just odd that the first and second films work fine but the third one doesn't.
kurayamino

Post by kurayamino »

Wipe the discs down with 99% isopropyl alcohol on ultra soft toilet paper. Do a final pass with a microfiber cloth then try again.
DeadPixel

Post by DeadPixel »

to my knowledge there is no chance of bricking a drive from changing the speed for the drive in the registry settings.

I just opened registry editor, went to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MakeMKV, double clicked my drive and added "0=99" without the quotes.

This fixed my issues with BTTF and the disc read fine. I removed the setting after as this is the only disc I have had problems with.
Trickyd-1

Post by Trickyd-1 »

If the user doesn’t know how to change the registry speed settings then there is no chance that any have been set as Makemkv won’t add these automatically.
So the problem won’t be with those settings.

I don’t believe the issue with the UK Bttf3 discs is just down to deposits on the disc as I cleaned mine with a couple of Kimtech wipes and 99% iso, no good then some dish soap and a sponge and it still would not read (even in windows) with “friendly” firmware.

The moment I flashed an official drive firmware onto my drive (BH16NS60 1.02) the disc was recognised and ripped.

I would not know for sure weather cross flashing firmware onto a BC-12D2HT is ok or not as I have no experience with that drive but I would suggest that the firmware might be the problem and that if you do try a cross flash with the modified ASUS tool you should be able to flash it back to standard again if your drive doesn’t like it.