R.I.P.D. UHD no Key

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Osman_28

Re: R.I.P.D. UHD no Key

Post by Osman_28 »

Oh ok good to know thanks I appreciate your reply, thought a week would be enough until a dump would be added :)
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

But you don't think It could be a disc problem?
Because there was another user who had the exact same dump file and he submitted it on November 13th.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Osman_28 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:15 pm
Because there was another user who had the exact same dump file and he submitted it on November 13th.
No, the disc isn't the problem. Since you are getting the volume key not available message and you appear to be getting the hashed key updates it's just a waiting game.

We also don't know if the other person was able to rip theirs...

It's only Mike generating them and we don't know if he's having a holiday or what...
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:48 am
Osman_28 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:15 pm
No, the disc isn't the problem. Since you are getting the volume key not available message and you appear to be getting the hashed key updates it's just a waiting game.

We also don't know if the other person was able to rip theirs...

It's only Mike generating them and we don't know if he's having a holiday or what...
Thank you so much I really appreciate your reply! :D

I thought maybe I had some technical difficulties e.g. Drive or disk vise, because it’s my first time waiting so long for a key to be implemented, since the user I mentioned submitted it almost 2 Months ago.
Not sure If the developer got a huge load of dump files through Black Friday and Christmas time and also not sure how difficult it can be to generate a Volume Key.

I'm new to this stuff just started in Summer 2023 sorry if I’m bothering anyone.

Like you said it’s now just a waiting game
murx75

Post by murx75 »

Very strange, MakeMKV still does not rip the disk for me...

Has anybody been able to backup the disk?

I have sent the file MKB20_v77_R_I_P_D_057F.tgz last Wednesday, but apparently many have done so before. Or is this another (German) disk version?
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

murx75 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:13 pm
Very strange, MakeMKV still does not rip the disk for me...
There are two entries for a UHD disc like yours already in the public KEYDB.cfg file, which you can download from http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net and unpack into your .MakeMKV directory. Does either of these entries allow MakeMKV to decrypt your disc?
murx75

Post by murx75 »

Thank you so much!

The keydb.cfg file did it! I was able to back the disk up. I thought the time for downloading these key files were over.

I got a number of strange problems recently with one drive not being able to rip the disk, making MakeMKV create the tgz-file, while the other did rip the disk. Not sure if this has been introduced with a recent release and/or if this is due to me mixing different drives (Pioneer & LG based) or because I have multiple instances of MakeMKV running in parallel on the same PC.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

murx75 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:22 pm
The keydb.cfg file did it! I was able to back the disk up. I thought the time for downloading these key files were over.
To be fair, your disc would need to match one of these two entries in order for KEYDB.cfg to work for you:

Code: Select all

0xFF3755D6278B23B0472FBF6D7E5FD74F9B3391B7 = RIPD_UPK1_GH (R.I.P.D.) | D | 2022-10-06
0x1B9D924C34C21DA6A3358D88DEF9F97CAB723CAC = RIPD_UPK1_GH (R.I.P.D.) | D | 2022-09-13
and even then (AFAIK) only because the VUK for each of these is known. It is also possible that your VUK was added to MakeMKV's hashed keys in the past 48 hours.

But all the same, I would still recommend not dismissing KEYDB.cfg, because it might be able to help you if ever MakeMKV's key processing seems to have stalled.