John Wick 4

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ripvanwinkle

Re: John Wick 4

Post by ripvanwinkle »

luv2fly3 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:26 pm
Right there with you guys. I have a US Amazon JW4 Disc and have submitted the dump. As of 5:22pm EST here on the 15th, I am still getting the error of...

"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

All access to internet is fine. Just no volume key yet. Hopefully soon!!
Are you actually getting the updated HK data? Mine is failing to update. (I have internet access enabled, no geo-blocking, with or without VPN - doesnt matter)
frydryce

Post by frydryce »

Same error here, the suffix from my log file is 4A82.... UHD from Amazon... submitted log file
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Give Mike time. Some weeks he's very responsive. Other weeks take longer. And then there are times measured in longer than a week. With the site pebbles it may take a little longer than normal.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

MSCloude115

Post by MSCloude115 »

With everything going on in makemkv land we are all going to need to be extra patient. I’m sure we’ll be back to ripping our new 4k discs soon.
gedec

Post by gedec »

Has anyone been able to rip a Best Buy (non-steelbook) version of the UHD movie yet? Is there a way to make sure that the list gets updated?
cabwiz

Post by cabwiz »

Good news to report, my amazon 4k + blu + digital arrived yesterday and 4k uhd ripped without issue on first attempt. I'm using an ASUS drive. My first copy from Walmart would not rip after multiple attempts, cleaning disc, etc. It would only go about half way then error out. So not sure if there are a bunch of faulty discs out there or the issue was corrected.
MSCloude115

Post by MSCloude115 »

gedec wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:42 pm
Has anyone been able to rip a Best Buy (non-steelbook) version of the UHD movie yet? Is there a way to make sure that the list gets updated?
Not as of yet, I’m sure that we’ll be able to soon. It’s always good to submit your dump file to svq@makemkv.com as titles can have multiple keys.
ionblue

Post by ionblue »

Now I'm just starting to lose my patience. It's been a full week since I sent the first dump and 4 days later sent it again.

MakeMKV v1.17.4 darwin(arm64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 KLUJ5MD3517d" opened in OS access mode.
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as ***/Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_51AE.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

:(
MSCloude115

Post by MSCloude115 »

ionblue wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Now I'm just starting to lose my patience. It's been a full week since I sent the first dump and 4 days later sent it again.

MakeMKV v1.17.4 darwin(arm64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 KLUJ5MD3517d" opened in OS access mode.
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as ***/Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_51AE.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

:(
Mike stated that while the site and forum are up and running the keys are not and I’m positive he will update when it is. The rest of us are waiting as well so we are gonna have to have patience.
GnomeFondler

Post by GnomeFondler »

Since I don't know exactly how MakeMKV determines whether a new _private_data.tar is needed and it pulled one on Tuesday, I decided to give moving it out of the makemkv data directory a try to force a new download a try (there's a registry key that seems to indicate it tracks how long its been since the last HK update).

On the first try I was able to pull down 400kB of it (very slowly) before getting a server error / failed to download message, and since it's a .tar I could open it and verify that it contained a partial listing of files that were in the old one... Tried again and got a 2kB .tar with a single file with a near-instant abort. The one I have from earlier in the week was 14MB so I'm not going to sit around hammering the server with more requests, but I'm pretty sure the file is up now... whether it actually contains the key for this is another matter. I'm going to leave it alone for now and try again tonight but this is fairly promising as far as the data being back up goes. :-)
ripvanwinkle

Post by ripvanwinkle »

I am now able to get latest HK data, and open the JW4 UHD disc.

Thanks!
makememe

Post by makememe »

Thank you, Mike. Your work is important to many.
Unity

Post by Unity »

I was able to rip my BB steelbook UHD disc with my LG WH16NS60 :)
Gman1

Post by Gman1 »

I am still getting unknown key error. Anyone else?
GnomeFondler

Post by GnomeFondler »

Mine failed a couple of times an hour ago (the most it managed was 1.4MB) and I tried again. The download failed at 1.7MB this time but apparently one of the files in there had the key for my disc in it because it's decrypting... so the server is still being flaky but if you get lucky and pull enough of the file you should be fine. This answers my decades-old question about what possible real world use case a plain .tar file might have, too. :D Already had an encrypted backup made but I'm just going to let it go from the disc unless it errors out because of the roughly 20 times its been handled since the site went down... lol.

Found it interesting that they duplicated the special features on the UHD disc, usually it seems like companies don't bother even if the space is there. I'd already pulled them from the bluray and the file sizes / resolutions match so no need to rip them twice if you already pulled them from there.

Thanks a lot!