New 4K Blurays no longer working (2001 Space Odyssey and Across the Spider-verse)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dawg_ripper

Re: New 4K Blurays no longer working (2001 Space Odyssey and Across the Spider-verse)

Post by dawg_ripper »

Ah ok. I bought mine January 2023. Just trying to be helpful.

edit: mine is on firmware v1.01
Jman5150

Re: New 4K Blurays no longer working (2001 Space Odyssey and Across the Spider-verse)

Post by Jman5150 »

ive had similar issues however i have many heavily worked drives. so maybe this helps or not...

one...it could be dying.

two .....oddly i have found if its not 100% level it can reject the disk...it was at thing for a bit once before i figured it out. the new lighter ones are more sensitive to heat and envirnment i find....like if its on a bluray or a laptop put it on a flat desk...

3 ....dirt scratches obviously, also ive had a few disk no matter how many cleanings wont scan and upon an attempt to just copy the disk, no mkv.... it would fail and upon watching around that section id find skips...so bad encodes are out there and ive seen it happen to bathes of professional ones...people miss it and if not reported people end up just sucking it up. so be sure your disks werent just a bad batch...