Ghost in shell 2 4k from Japan error

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Jman5150

Ghost in shell 2 4k from Japan error

Post by Jman5150 »

Having issues reading this one…

It keeps saying copy protection key failure….

I’ve been getting quite a lot of these lately is there a new system?

The label also says uhdbdrom?
sephirothkefka

Re: Ghost in shell 2 4k from Japan error

Post by sephirothkefka »

Jman5150 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:33 am
Having issues reading this one…

It keeps saying copy protection key failure….

I’ve been getting quite a lot of these lately is there a new system?

The label also says uhdbdrom?
Are you using a Pioneer drive or a LG/ASUS drive? What the status of Libredrive?
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

i have a 4k friendly LG and a pioneer...i switch back and forth. libra drive status on the lG says possible with patched firmware. ill have to check what it says on the pioneer later since im currenlty have the lg in use. LG model is BD-RE BP60NB10.

i have a 4k friendly LG and a pioneer...i switch back and forth. libra drive status on the lG says possible with patched firmware. ill have to check what it says on the pioneer later since im currenlty have the lg in use. LG model is BD-RE BP60NB10.

Follow up…

I the pioneer is ripping some of them, I need to try a few more, recently it seemed like both drives were ripping 4k fine, not sure if I spaced out and missed something or something changed with the drive. I’m going to assume I need a patch for the lg? The pioneer says enabled, I could have sword the lg did previously too.

Is it a typical flash like the older drives? I never flashed either of the 4k ones and just noticed a problem now.
Jman5150

Post by Jman5150 »

Upon reviewing the ripped disk which said complete I looked at the files and noticed it was only 14mb when it was an 80gb disk.

Needless to say it weird me out that the file was so small till….

Plot twist,…I noticed a hairline fracture in the disk that lead to it shattering….thats a new one for the books.thank goodness gracious it was in return period still.