Makemkv is useless

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Peterduke

Makemkv is useless

Post by Peterduke »

It never can open the latest movies like Thelma & Louise and the developers are slow as fuck to decrypt anything
Woodstock

Re: Makemkv is useless

Post by Woodstock »

And, apparently, getting information from you is useless, too. It's been over a year since you were asked what errors you were receiving on "Back to the Future" and "Matrix Reloaded", with no response. Kind of hard to give answers to questions that are only partially asked.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Sounds like he is talking about sending dumps for new UltraHD discs and having to wait for the keys to be added.

I agree the system is flawed, but it's the only option we have for ripping UHDs at the moment, so it is what it is.
Peterduke

Post by Peterduke »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:41 am
Sounds like he is talking about sending dumps for new UltraHD discs and having to wait for the keys to be added.

I agree the system is flawed, but it's the only option we have for ripping UHDs at the moment, so it is what it is.
Woodstock wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 pm
And, apparently, getting information from you is useless, too. It's been over a year since you were asked what errors you were receiving on "Back to the Future" and "Matrix Reloaded", with no response. Kind of hard to give answers to questions that are only partially asked.
I fixed the errror, I used different software
Peterduke

Post by Peterduke »

Radiocomms237 wrote:

They could at least release the method for decrypting them ourselves, I got enough cpu and gpu power for decrypting but there doesn’t seem to be any methods. I even tried downloaded the latest keys online which were more recent than the ones Makemkv has and no luck.

If the develops can decrypt they could give us the tools (for paid members) to be able to decrypt ourselves.
Peterduke

Post by Peterduke »

The crazy thing is, that if I boot up Anydvd HD it decrypts the movie and then Makemkv can read it, so if anydvd hd can add a title that fast so could Makemkv 😊
Peterduke

Post by Peterduke »

Thanks for approving my replies jackass mods/admins none of them appear
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

In hospital for TWO DAYS. Just released, working my way through the spam posts. Also yours.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Someguy1234

Post by Someguy1234 »

Radiocomms237 wrote:

I agree. The software is now where you A) have to be using a VPN in the United States to even download the new keys when the dump files are decrypted and B) you have to wait up to three weeks for a new 4K UHD Blu-ray to be able to be ripped. However, I can only imagine that what Mike does can't be easy. Or, I'm starting to worry about Mike and the servers that he uses for things. Anyone else starting to actually get worried that UHD discs that are post-January 30th or so release will no longer rip? I mean this is a possible reality.
Someguy1234

Post by Someguy1234 »

Peterduke wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:14 pm
It never can open the latest movies like Thelma & Louise and the developers are slow as fuck to decrypt anything
I think the developer could be preoccupied with something that is not any of our business, in my opinion. He [Mike] seems to have been gone from the forum for a very good while now, like maybe over three months.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

You can always try this if Makemkv does not have your key yet:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32784
Someguy1234

Post by Someguy1234 »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:22 am
You can always try this if Makemkv does not have your key yet:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32784
I've tried FindVUK v1.72 and putting its keydb.cfg file into the C:\Users\USERNAME\.MakeMKV\ folder. It's not helping it decode any of the four discs with issues ripping. Admittedly they are new releases and in some cases aren't even out yet. But I don't see how it could take over a week and a half (or maybe two weeks) for it to be able to decrypt DARKMAN on 4K UHD Blu-ray for example. It's starting to baffle me, considering I've seen at least 3 or 4 people here have submitted that dump file to SKV.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

We have no idea of the current workload as not every MakeMKV user is on these forums (in reality, it's probably more like one-in-ten, if not less). And even then, not everyone who is here actually reports having submitted dumps.

As I've said elsewhere, it's a very poor business model to have a situation where one person is the only one who can do a critical role (that is to say, Mike is supposedly doing all the UltraHD key generation by hand, and is the only one who can do it).
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Peterduke wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:02 am
I fixed the errror, I used different software
Good. Now also use another forum and good riddance.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Someguy1234

Post by Someguy1234 »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:03 am
We have no idea of the current workload as not every MakeMKV user is on these forums (in reality, it's probably more like one-in-ten, if not less). And even then, not everyone who is here actually reports having submitted dumps.

As I've said elsewhere, it's a very poor business model to have a situation where one person is the only one who can do a critical role (that is to say, Mike is supposedly doing all the UltraHD key generation by hand, and is the only one who can do it).
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. Mike needs people helping him.