Columbia Classics Vol 4K Set - data dump submitted

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
TK-24601

Columbia Classics Vol 4K Set - data dump submitted

Post by TK-24601 »

All I have sent the dumps for all 6 films plus the 2 4K discs of the Starman tv series.
enginerd

Re: Columbia Classics Vol 4K Set - data dump submitted

Post by enginerd »

The keys for all of these are in the most recent keydb.

FYI, the Starman TV series is 1080p, but they crammed a lot of them on each disc with a fantastic clean up job.
TK-24601

Post by TK-24601 »

enginerd wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:40 pm

FYI, the Starman TV series is 1080p, but they crammed a lot of them on each disc with a fantastic clean up job.
Thanks for the update! I'll have to give it a try again after work today. I knew we were getting the Starman tv series, but was pleasently surprised that they put them on 4K discs. I'm glad to hear they look good as well.
rkhollister

Post by rkhollister »

enginerd wrote:

So I ran FindVUK and generated a keydb.cfg file, copied it to ~\.MakeMKV but MakeMKV still says volume key unavailable. What am I doing wrong?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

rkhollister wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:40 pm

So I ran FindVUK and generated a keydb.cfg file, copied it to ~\.MakeMKV but MakeMKV still says volume key unavailable. What am I doing wrong?
Rename it KEYDB.cfg. Case appears to matter for some reason.
rkhollister

Post by rkhollister »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:52 pm
rkhollister wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:40 pm

Rename it KEYDB.cfg. Case appears to matter for some reason.
Didn't work. I installed AnyDVD, pointed it to the keydb and now MakeMKV is ripping the titles. Is this really supposed to work without AnyDVD running?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I've gotten it to before. Then again I own anydvd so there was really no need to do so other than my own curiosity. But yes it works for me.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

enginerd

Post by enginerd »

The most current keydb.cfg from FindVUK should work. Make sure you put it in the same directory where the dump files are stored. If you don't know how to find that folder, just try to open a disc with no key and it will create a link in the process window to that folder when it generates a new dump file.

Once you've put the new keydb.cfg file in that folder, quit and restart so MakeMKV will read the new .cfg file.
jfoughe

Post by jfoughe »

enginerd wrote:

Were you able to rip each episode? Episodes 16-22 fail for me, the others rip fine.
SljivovitzDino

Post by SljivovitzDino »

Were you able to rip each episode? Episodes 16-22 fail for me, the others rip fine.
All TV episodes ripped fine for me (US import) including the Bluray movie, however, the 4K movie fails to rip with a read error about 2/3 through.