UHD drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11

Re: UHD drives

Post by Billycar11 »

manHands wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Once WH16NS60 and latest 1.01 firmware is able to rip UHD discs (which seems imminent), would you recommend it or the BW-16D1HT? I don't use the drive for anything other than ripping discs with MakeMKV.
i would recommend the WH16NS60 because its nice to have a drive that recognizes uhd disks natively with no workarounds it will also have no sleep bug.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

I'd recommend it as well, since I've got a bunch of em for sale right now.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
GH Bryans

Post by GH Bryans »

I have two older LG BH16NS40's, but one doesn't have an SVC code and the other says NS40. I'm guessing there's nothing that can be done to make these friendly?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

GH Bryans wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:26 pm
I have two older LG BH16NS40's, but one doesn't have an SVC code and the other says NS40. I'm guessing there's nothing that can be done to make these friendly?
nope
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
GAMERZSOCIAL

Post by GAMERZSOCIAL »

I'm looking at getting a Asus BW-16D1HT with the correct firmware for 4K rips. Is there anyone offering their services in the UK?
subman

Post by subman »

hello i´m in this forum at makemkv
new to uhd drives
i´ve a asus bc-12d2ht 3.00
i´ve read many posts here the more a read more confused i get
my questions are :
do i need to crossflash drive to another one ? ( i´ve read here someone who flashed this drive to a bw-16d1ht )
if is advised to do it to what drive ?
what advantages can i expect ?
and a stupid question will this drive being flash to another will write blu ray ?
sorry for this last question
i´m really really confused
thanks to all
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

GAMERZSOCIAL wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 pm
I'm looking at getting a Asus BW-16D1HT with the correct firmware for 4K rips. Is there anyone offering their services in the UK?
How close are you to Dorset sir I’m sending at least two drives that way in the next couple days and will trust these two fellows who live within 30 miles of each other to work out a meet up. I can easily make it 3. Drives aren’t expensive by themselves but it’s the shipping across the pond that’ll get ya.
Or does “across the pond” refer to the English Channel? Not clear on that.
GAMERZSOCIAL

Post by GAMERZSOCIAL »

jonghotti wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:26 pm
GAMERZSOCIAL wrote:
How close are you to Dorset sir I’m sending at least two drives that way in the next couple days and will trust these two fellows who live within 30 miles of each other to work out a meet up. I can easily make it 3. Drives aren’t expensive by themselves but it’s the shipping across the pond that’ll get ya.
I'm actually right next door to Dorset in Devon. Do you happen to know the shipping cost if I was to cover the cost of just sending one to me?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

GAMERZSOCIAL wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm
jonghotti wrote:
GAMERZSOCIAL wrote:
I'm actually right next door to Dorset in Devon. Do you happen to know the shipping cost if I was to cover the cost of just sending one to me?
24.50 for first class takes 6-10 business days never had it take longer than 7 and there is a tracking number via the customs paperwork.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

subman wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm
new to uhd drives
my questions are :
do i need to crossflash drive to another one ? ( i´ve read here someone who flashed this drive to a bw-16d1ht )
and a stupid question will this drive being flash to another will write blu ray ?
thanks to all
@subman,

I'm pretty sure your current firmware (3.00) is UHD friendly. Just pop in a 4K UHD disc, open MakeMKV and see if you can back it up to your hard drive.

If it works,then you are all good. If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it. Not sure about if it will write to Blu Ray discs after being flashed to BW-16D1HT.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
GAMERZSOCIAL

Post by GAMERZSOCIAL »

jonghotti wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 pm
GAMERZSOCIAL wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm
jonghotti wrote:

24.50 for first class takes 6-10 business days never had it take longer than 7 and there is a tracking number via the customs paperwork.
That doesn't sound too bad. How much are you charging for the drive itself?
subman

Post by subman »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 am
subman wrote:
new to uhd drives
my questions are :
thanks to all
@subman,

I'm pretty sure your current firmware (3.00) is UHD friendly. Just pop in a 4K UHD disc, open MakeMKV and see if you can back it up to your hard drive.

If it works,then you are all good. If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it. Not sure about if it will write to Blu Ray discs after being flashed to BW-16D1HT.
thanks a lot for your reply
:idea: i would try to cross flash justo to be sure if it writes or not
you said " If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it." my question is what method should i use :?:
added some photos of drive
Attachments
Capturar2.PNG
Capturar2.PNG (375.97 KiB) Viewed 18797 times
Capturar1.PNG
Capturar1.PNG (265.56 KiB) Viewed 18797 times
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 18797 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@subman,

Visit this thread and download the unlocked flasher & firmware files from the 3rd post.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873

It is very easy to flash your drive.

1. Run the patched exe
2. Make sure your drive is selected in dropbox (if you have more than 1 drive)
3. Click the folder button and select a firmware. (I recommend BW-16D1HT 3.02)
4. Press the play button to flash drive
5. Reboot & done.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
subman

Post by subman »

Thanks marty

Already had tried but same message popsup

Message i get:
Checksum mismatched
Drive Will go to boot mode
Please retry again

Any ideas
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

subman wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:24 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:33 am
subman wrote:
new to uhd drives
my questions are :
thanks to all
@subman,

thanks a lot for your reply
:idea: i would try to cross flash justo to be sure if it writes or not
you said " If not,then, yes, you can easily cross-flash it." my question is what method should i use :?:
added some photos of drive
What you need to do is return that piece of junk to wherever you purchased it and buy a real drive, in my opinion.