Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
TeddyRaspin

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by TeddyRaspin »

SamuriHL wrote:
TeddyRaspin wrote:Here we go. :D
Nice. Do you happen to have a 3.00 bin file that could be flashed with that modified flasher, as well? Thanks!
Sure. Take this.
Attachments
ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.00.zip
(2.96 MiB) Downloaded 1905 times
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Appreciated. Thanks!
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

Do we know what the average ripping speeds of the Asus BW-16D1HT are vs the LG BH16NS55 with its firmware cross-flashed with the Asus'? Teddy's speeds sound promising with his results and wondered how it compares to the original drive's speeds.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

TeddyRaspin wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
TeddyRaspin wrote:Here we go. :D
Nice. Do you happen to have a 3.00 bin file that could be flashed with that modified flasher, as well? Thanks!
Sure. Take this.
Hey Guys new to the forum. I recently learned about UHD friendly drives and ordered a BW-16D1HT drive today. I expect it will have the 3.01 firmware. So thanks for the 3.0 FW It is sounding easy to fix. Unlike the LG drive I thought they can't be reversed. I also have a LG WH16NS40 it is several years old I found 1.02 FW but not on the LG site because the 1.02 offered on LG's sight was actually 1.03 when you when to flash it. Either way it does not read my my few UHD discs. I'm a long time user of BDRB and now I need to start learning how to backup my UHD discs so you may see more posts from me for awhile. :D
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

ghost rider wrote: Hey Guys new to the forum. I recently learned about UHD friendly drives and ordered a BW-16D1HT drive today. I expect it will have the 3.01 firmware. So thanks for the 3.0 FW It is sounding easy to fix. Unlike the LG drive I thought they can't be reversed. I also have a LG WH16NS40 it is several years old I found 1.02 FW but not on the LG site because the 1.02 offered on LG's sight was actually 1.03 when you when to flash it. Either way it does not read my my few UHD discs. I'm a long time user of BDRB and now I need to start learning how to backup my UHD discs so you may see more posts from me for awhile. :D
It's better with 3.01. I only asked for 3.00 in case I ever need to go back as I was unable to dump mine before flashing it to 3.01. The drive is faster with 3.01. There isn't yet a new firmware that removes the UHD capability but it's probably just a matter of time before ASUS releases one. So stick with 3.01.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

SamuriHL wrote:
ghost rider wrote: Hey Guys new to the forum. I recently learned about UHD friendly drives and ordered a BW-16D1HT drive today. I expect it will have the 3.01 firmware. So thanks for the 3.0 FW It is sounding easy to fix. Unlike the LG drive I thought they can't be reversed. I also have a LG WH16NS40 it is several years old I found 1.02 FW but not on the LG site because the 1.02 offered on LG's sight was actually 1.03 when you when to flash it. Either way it does not read my my few UHD discs. I'm a long time user of BDRB and now I need to start learning how to backup my UHD discs so you may see more posts from me for awhile. :D
It's better with 3.01. I only asked for 3.00 in case I ever need to go back as I was unable to dump mine before flashing it to 3.01. The drive is faster with 3.01. There isn't yet a new firmware that removes the UHD capability but it's probably just a matter of time before ASUS releases one. So stick with 3.01.
Hey thanks like you I'll keep my options open. That's comforting to know I made the right choice on drives. The LG seemed kinda iffy. We will see when I get the new drive if it works. As far as the keys you just copy the unzipped KEYDB.cfg file to the makemkv directory and with the new drive it should work?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

ghost rider wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Hey thanks like you I'll keep my options open. That's comforting to know I made the right choice on drives. The LG seemed kinda iffy. We will see when I get the new drive if it works. As far as the keys you just copy the unzipped KEYDB.cfg file to the makemkv directory and with the new drive it should work?
Be aware that the ASUS drive is just a rebadged LG drive with different firmware. :) The hardware is exactly the same.

As for the keydb.cfg file, I honestly couldn't tell you as I use a different program for decryption. But that sounds right. It's in the faq somewhere if you need some help with it.
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

@TeddyRaspin
hi, I wanted to flash my bh16ns55 in fw1.02 but here the flash has messed up,
Now the reader does not react anymore and does not turn on anymore, and I have not recognized, I would like to know if there is a solution to reflash it.
Thanks.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

Here is the DOSFlash version and the 1.02 fw dump (with all calibrations data) I used for repair my BH16NS55.

You need to connect it as IDE (in bios) SATA, run dosflash (even several times for a correct detect) erase eeprom
and reprogram it again (E command and W command).

It's easy to see how it works.

Try it and let me know. :wink:
Attachments
BH16NS55_1.0.2.ZIP
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 882 times
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

I'll try that and tell you if it worked or not.
Thanks.
Boris Blank

Post by Boris Blank »

TeddyRaspin wrote:
Sure. Take this.
Thank you Teddy, very much appreciated!
skiddy

Post by skiddy »

I had a new Asus drive arrive today, April build date and it has 3.01 installed so would imagine all new drives are the same. Out performs my trusty old Pioneer 209DBK at ripping standard blu rays too. What’s not to like 8).
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

I have a new LG WH16NS40 that reads UHD discs but it is riplocked so ordinary bluray rips peaked at 1.6x. Out of desperation, I tried cross flashing to the ASUS binaries posted above. The good news is that either new binary didn't brick the optical drive and it still reads UHD discs. The bad news is that the drive is still riplocked.
barrett70

Post by barrett70 »

@TeddyRaspin
I managed to flash in 1.02 but now he does not want to play any discs anymore.
a solution?
Thanks.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It's not quite "riplock" - LG has "quiet mode" that slows the drive down to keep it from getting noisy. There is a utility that turns that off.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging