Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
KBJghost

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by KBJghost »

ghost rider wrote:Got my BW-16D1HT today and as figured it came with 3.01 firmware. Working great ripping the Martian in 40 minutes.
Mine arrived today as well and I'm impressed with the rip times, probably about 25% faster than the LG WH16NS40 I got a few weeks ago. It's been said that it's the same drive only re-badged so it must be something Asus has done with the firmware to make it faster.

It's running 3.0 and I'll probably just leave it there, don't want to mess with something that works well already.
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

preserve wrote:How does one match the UPC? I haven't seen any information about that - I haven't seen UPCs posted.

I suppose it's still possible that discs with different keys are sold under the same UPC.
not only possible but absolutely done.

we are keeping track here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

notice the SHA1 varies but UPC can be the same.
starmax

Post by starmax »

TheShoe wrote:
preserve wrote:How does one match the UPC? I haven't seen any information about that - I haven't seen UPCs posted.

I suppose it's still possible that discs with different keys are sold under the same UPC.
not only possible but absolutely done.

we are keeping track here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

notice the SHA1 varies but UPC can be the same.
That is awesome!

So comparing this to the KEYDB file, I see this layout:

<SHA1 Key> = <Title> | V | <some hash> ; AACS 2.0 MKB v<57,60 or 61>

Do you know what the rest of this stuff means? just curious...
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

starmax wrote:That is awesome!

So comparing this to the KEYDB file, I see this layout:

<SHA1 Key> = <Title> | V | <some hash> ; AACS 2.0 MKB v<57,60 or 61>

Do you know what the rest of this stuff means? just curious...
rest of what stuff specifically?
starmax

Post by starmax »

Just wondering what the <some hash> and MKB version mean?
preserve

Post by preserve »

SHA1 hash info added to the FAQ thread, just search for "hash".
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Deraga

Post by Deraga »

Mine just came in with a manufacturing date of 12/16. I haven't tried it yet. I am guessing it is 3.00 firmware. I will post later when I install it.

Edit: I plugged it in and Windows 10 saw the drive. No software needed. I put in Deadpool UHD and fail. Turns out the keys given were not in correct format. I fixed the format and now it works. I am using a Q6600 cpu if anyone here remembers that. I was given 30 minutes by makemkv until it was finished.
ron spencer

Post by ron spencer »

SamuriHL wrote:
ron spencer wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:That doesn't seem right, no.

Well...I'll leave well enough alone then, unless I can hear from someone who has done the flash. 3.01 only increases rip speed I think. Is there no official 3.01 from Asus?
I have done the flash from 3.00 to 3.01 and it worked fine. No, there's no "official" anything from ASUS which is why someone dumped the firmware and teddy put the flash package together for us. To me it sounds like you didn't actually load the 3.01 firmware file when you opened the flasher which is bad. You have to select it using the patched flasher.

Duh...I'm an idiot. It worked great. thanks!
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

Deraga wrote:Mine just came in with a manufacturing date of 12/16. I haven't tried it yet. I am guessing it is 3.00 firmware. I will post later when I install it.

Edit: I plugged it in and Windows 10 saw the drive. No software needed. I put in Deadpool UHD and fail. Turns out the keys given were not in correct format. I fixed the format and now it works. I am using a Q6600 cpu if anyone here remembers that. I was given 30 minutes by makemkv until it was finished.
The rip took only 30 mins? That's fast! The best I've gotten with the same drive is around 45 mins and that's with a 6700K 4.0.
Deraga

Post by Deraga »

KBJghost wrote:
Deraga wrote:Mine just came in with a manufacturing date of 12/16. I haven't tried it yet. I am guessing it is 3.00 firmware. I will post later when I install it.

The rip took only 30 mins? That's fast! The best I've gotten with the same drive is around 45 mins and that's with a 6700K 4.0.
I didn't watch it. I went to bed, but that is the estimated time that MakeMKV told me. Also my computer did an update later and rebooted so I couldn't see the correct time.
Last edited by Deraga on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I'm seeing around 45 to an hour depending on the size. But I don't have a very large collection to play with yet. LOL
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

KBJghost wrote:
ghost rider wrote:Got my BW-16D1HT today and as figured it came with 3.01 firmware. Working great ripping the Martian in 40 minutes.
Mine arrived today as well and I'm impressed with the rip times, probably about 25% faster than the LG WH16NS40 I got a few weeks ago. It's been said that it's the same drive only re-badged so it must be something Asus has done with the firmware to make it faster.

It's running 3.0 and I'll probably just leave it there, don't want to mess with something that works well already.
I flashed my LG WH16NS40 with Asus bw-161ht 3.00 (based on some other comments about speed increase and out of curiosity) and it has been working fine. Just ripped my IT UHD and it took 42:17 for 50.5 GB hitting a max of at least 34 MB/s (I wasn't watching it the whole time, just saw that speed around the middle before it started dropping back down).
IronSoldier

Post by IronSoldier »

Hey guys.

Just about to buy one of these drives. Is there anything I need to check on one of these before I get it or can i reverse firmware regardless? Are there manufacture dates/versions which no longer work as they have an newer firmware? I know an LG one lost support after an update
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

Just received mine from NewEgg. Manufacture date is January 2017 and has firmware 3.00. I've noticed the load time for regular BDs is longer than that of the Pioneer BD drive I replaced.
IronSoldier

Post by IronSoldier »

Krawk wrote:Just received mine from NewEgg. Manufacture date is January 2017 and has firmware 3.00. I've noticed the load time for regular BDs is longer than that of the Pioneer BD drive I replaced.
Awesome. I believe 3.01 will speed it up for you.