UHD Drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Terry Adams

UHD Drive

Post by Terry Adams »

Before reading carefully about the proper drive I purchased a ASUS BW-16D1H-U/PRO, well yes it does not read 4K disc. I discovered it is actually a Pioneer Drive in side. So I reordered the Asus BW-16D1HT it came today and it works very well. An yes I ordered from Amazon(Produplicator) it has Firmware 3.01 3-31-2017,Lucky me. I think I will install it in the case from the other drive, so that it is still external. I think I won the lottery on this one.
jonghotti

Re: UHD Drive

Post by jonghotti »

That's encouraging to hear. Is produplicator the "available from these sellers" name on Amazon? How much did it end up costing you?
Terry Adams

Post by Terry Adams »

Yes, Produplicator is the name of the seller on Amazon, the price was $100.00.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Terry Adams wrote:Yes, Produplicator is the name of the seller on Amazon, the price was $100.00.
Yeah he's not buying his stock from fry's that's for sure, or he's losing money on every sale.
Damnit I wonder if Fry's will price match amazon, methinks no. The WH16NS40 is $53 today.

Well a few more days I'm going to take a bunch of these back. As the ASUS seems to be the most popular I'll go ahead and pick up the 4 I've got on hold and that's it.

Long as ya'll spread the word Fry's is where the friendlys are at. I'm still happy to sell any of mine although I'm digging this UHD ripping so much I will probably keep 4 drives minimum.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829