Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11

Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready

Post by Billycar11 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

Introduction
If you Purchased a UHD friendly drive that came with an unfriendly firmware I can flash a friendly one for you, or you can buy a Pre Flashed one from me. Send me your drive or buy one from me directly. There is no upcharge on the hardware and cross flashing is free if you want it. See below for supported models. Plus get your original firmware back and the edited firmware so you have a backup. I will send screenshots of your drive before and after the flash. You will have to pay for shipping both ways for the flashing service. I am located in south-east PA so it will probably only pay if you are in the U.S.A. to send me the drive. I don't want to deal with international shipping.

Pricing

Pre Flashed LG WH14NS40 OEM $100 Shipped
OR
Pre Flashed LG WH14NS40 OEM $103.30 Shipped with buyers protection check mark ✓ the "Paying for goods or a service" box on PayPal

Pre Flashed ASUS BW-16D1HT Retail Box $TBD Shipped
OR
Pre Flashed ASUS BW-16D1HT Retail Box $TBD Shipped with buyers protection check mark ✓ the "Paying for goods or a service" box on PayPal

$25 a drive for Flashing service

Stock Levels 10/14/18

LG WH14NS40 OEM 1 left
ASUS BW-16D1HT Retail Box 0 left

Contact

P.M. me or Email me at Billycar5924@gmail.com for details or questions
Email preferred as the outbox does not like me :(

Shipping

For Direct drives sales:
Shipping is included in the price.

For Flashing Service:
The buyer will pay shipping both ways choose your shipper of choice insurance etc and get two labels 1 for sending 1 for return include the return label in the box. The drive will be shipped back in the same packaging they came in and internal padding if any.

Payment

there are many payment options listed below,
cash in the box with drive
Check in box with drive
google pay
pay pal additional $0.30 fee or 2.9% + $0.30 if you use buyers protection
or your banks send money feature

Support
I will help you setup the Drive and do things related to the drive.
I won't help you with make handbrake, playing it on your xbox one, ect

If the drive can see and read a 4K disk my job is done

F.A.Qs.

Q: What Firmware will you flash my drive with?
A: Asus's will get 3.01 and 3.02/3.00 on request, LG's will get 1.02 some can get 1.01 and 1.00 if requested.
Q: What if you cant flash my drive?
A: If i can not flash your compatible drive there will be no charge or if payment has been made i will refund you.

Important information to know

1. to open 4k disks you need a hashed key file it can be found here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959
2. to playback 4k disks on a pc you need an intel 6000 series or higher igpu, a nvidia 10xx series or higher for hw decoding or a very powerful cpu i7 4790k or higher for sw decoding.
3. all uhd friendly drives have a bug if you let the disk spin down it will no longer read to fix this eject the disk and reinsert it and this time open the disk fast.
4. if the disk is in hdr and your tv/monitor is not it may look washed out use MPC-HC with madvr or mpv to tone map so it does not look dull.
5. the firmware flash is not magic making the drive be able to read 4k disks will not make them play it you will still need to use make mkv or something else to decrypt the disk.
6. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16883
7. DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE ONCE YOU GET THE DRIVE!!

ps

dont send me any non uhd drives or a drive that has been bricked by a bad flash attempt.

Supported Models

ASUS BW-16D1HT build date 2015+ check it has 3.00+ before sending, the 1.00 ones are not compatible
LG BE16NU50 SVC NS50+
LG WH16NS40 SVC NS50
LG BH16NS40 SVC NS50
LG BH16NS55 SVC NS50+
LG WH14NS40 SVC NS50
LG WH16NS60

An Example of what you get when i sell you a drive or i flash your drive.

All these files in a folder with your original and edited firmware

Before flash, this is a picture of your dive before it was flashed

After flash, this is a picture of your drive after it was flashed with UltraHD Friendly Firmware

After Flash with UHD disk, this shows your dive recognizing a 4K UHD disk
Last edited by Billycar11 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:12 am, edited 99 times in total.

IITravel01

Re: UHD Flashing service

Post by IITravel01 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm

You should post the fee, understand the shipping rates can very, but are you doing this for free, if not then how much?
Appreciate this, it's a service that I believe some could use.
You might want to add the LG WH14NS40 (sc: NS50) to your list, even though it's not listed, it's been verified on these boards to be "friendly" when downgraded to the 1.02 firmware. What makes it more interesting is that that drive is also Hackintosh approved.

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Deleted

i can also can do the LG WH14NS40 no problem will add it
Last edited by Billycar11 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:17 am

details updated to answer most questions

jonghotti

Post by jonghotti » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:18 am

Last edited by jonghotti on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Billycar11

Re: UHD Friendly Flashing service

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:49 pm

IITravel01 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Just wanted to post that dealing with Billy was problem free and easy to deal with. Recommended! if you need flashing.

expertmist

Post by expertmist » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Very fast and good service, also a very polite guy I would definitely recommend this service to anyone looking to flash their disk drive!!! :)

Incandescence

Post by Incandescence » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Billy is quick and efficient. He flashed my Blu Ray drive and there were no problems. He double checked everything, and kept me updated on his progress. He's reliable and I recommend him to anyone else who needs this and wants someone trustworthy. I needed my wh16ns40 Blu Ray drive flashed in a time sensitive situation and he got the job done. Thank you, Billy.

jasonmo1

Re: UltraHD Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready

Post by jasonmo1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Billy did an awesome job flashing my Asus drive. He helped me find the right drive I needed, and even helped me find the right enclosure I needed (needed to be external). He was very responsive via email, and once the drive arrived he turned it around the same day. I put it together just now, and it works with no issues. If you need a UHD drive, don't know what to get, talk to Billy and he will show you what you need and helps you find it for a good price with promo codes. Talk to him if your newbie using MakeMKV with a UHD drive as he's very responsive and helpful.

lawndart

Re: UltraHD Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready

Post by lawndart » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am

I just wanted to say that Billy is a pleasure to work with and is very conscientious about keeping you informed on your drive's status. It was done quickly and works great. It was flashed, packed back up in my original packaging, and shipped with no delays.

If you are thinking of having Billy flash your drive, you should just do it without any hesitations!

Billycar11

Re: UltraHD Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready Limited Time Offer Selling 4/5 drives remaining ends toda

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:50 am

sale is over only 1 Drive remaining
If any one would like a LG WH14NS40 OEM bare drive with UHD Friendly firmware for $100 Shipped Email me Billycar5924@gmail.com
can be cross flashed for free if requested
U.S.A. only sorry
Last edited by Billycar11 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mickeymike

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Ready

Post by Mickeymike » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Just received my reflashed ASUS drive from Billy and it works like a charm! Would highly recommend his services any time. He recieved, reflashed and shipped the drive all in one day! I couldn’t believe how fast this whole process was. The drive would not recognize 4k discs at all before and now it reads and rips them no problem. I didn’t have a windows computer to use to flash my drive and all my home computers are Mac laptops and I was actually thinking of buying a windows computer just to use to flash this drive. This process was MUCH easier and cheaper and didn’t involve all the time and frustration of the whole flashing process. Thank you Billy for a job well done!

sdave

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives 4 in stock Best Price LG and ASUS + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Rea

Post by sdave » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Great service from Billy. I bought a LG drive cross flashed with Asus firmware.

Placed the order on Friday and the drive was at my door Monday. Highly recommended if you don't want to go through the hassle of looking for compatible drives and downgrading firmware.

Ambehata

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives 4 in stock Best Price LG and ASUS + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Rea

Post by Ambehata » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Just received my drives from Bill today. He is hands down the best person to work with. Everything was done fast and delivered the drives the same day. Hands down the best service I have received from Bill. I would not hesitate to do business with him again. He is very humble and very prompt in his services that he renders.

Thanks

Magialisk

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly Drives 1 in stock Best Price LG and ASUS + Firmware Flashing Service Make Your Drive 4K Rea

Post by Magialisk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:10 pm

I got a drive from Billy about two weeks ago and it's been working great for me through several rips. I actually purchased it new online and had it drop shipped to him for the firmware flashing service, because at the time he wasn't selling drives directly. It was very easy to ship him the drive, email him a return shipping label, and PayPal him the flashing fee. My LG drive was crossflashed to the ASUS firmware, per my request, and it's working great. I already recommended Billy to one friend at work and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone else. For what it's worth I also exchanged emails with Alex (jonghotti) and Techman, but ultimately I went with Billy because buying my own drive and paying the flashing fee turned out to be a little bit cheaper than buying a pre-flash from those others.