Just to give you all another option, I have modified the official ASUS ODD FW Flasher tool to allow the user to flash or cross-flash their drive to a "UHD Friendly" firmware.
Included with the ASUS Flasher, is the 'DE' UHD friendly firmwares we are currently using with the LG Flasher tool.
Also, if you happen to use your own clean firmware file that hasn't been 'DE' enabled, this app will automatically make the file 'DE' enabled and save it.
It is very easy to use:
1. Run ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified).exe.
2. In popup window, select a firmware file to flash. (If you click CANCEL, the auto default firmware is ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02)
3. When the main interface opens, select your drive (if not already selected)
4. Hit "START" button. The drive tray will open. Once firmware flash is completed, drive tray will close again.
EDIT (24.08.2019): I have updated the Modified ASUS Flasher which will now allow:
- The LG BP60NB10 external UHD drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP60NB10_1.00_MK only.
- The LG BP50NB40 external Blu-Ray drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP50NB40-NB50_1.01_MK only. (Not UHD friendly but enables libredrive.)
Here is the link to the modified ASUS FW Flasher + Downgrade Enabled Firmware + the latest MK firmware pack (06/12/2019):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j2zetp5w ... k.zip/file
Here is just the modified ASUS Flasher if you don't need the firmwares. Just put it in the folder with the firmwares.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8qcqztgc ... 9.zip/file
I have created 2 modified (hybrid = HBD) firmwares solely for the BP50NB40. Firmware BP60NB10_1.00_MK_HBD will allow you to flash your BP50NB40 to BP60NB10. Firmware BP50NB40-NB50_1.01_MK_HBD will allow you to go back to BP50NB40_1.01_MK if you ever require it. The firmware zip is below.
Have fun guys!!