NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MartyMcNuts

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:55 pm
Have you tried using WH16NS60 1.02-MK and just ignoring the DVDFab incompatible firmware issue?

I tested this a while back on the trial version of DVDFab with BH16NS55 1.04-MK. When DVDFab gives the incompatible firmware error, I just clicked "do not show this again" and then used DVDFab as normal. It ripped a UHD disc no problems.

I also tested BW-16D1HT 3.10-MK this way but unfortunately, it would not work.

I don't know if NS60 1.02-MK will do the same but if you want to use DVDFab, it's worth a try.
Really? That's an option? Neat. Not that it impacts me as I see 1.00 as a baseline near perfect firmware, but, that's good to know. I wonder why 3.10-MK doesn't work given that it's friendly. Odd.
Yeah, the trial expired so I've uninstalled it but yes it worked for NS55 104-MK.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by SamuriHL »

I guess I can experiment with it tomorrow as I've got a lifetime license. I don't ever really use it but I bought it as insurance just in case. I can try flashing different firmware and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 am
I guess I can experiment with it tomorrow as I've got a lifetime license. I don't ever really use it but I bought it as insurance just in case. I can try flashing different firmware and see what happens.

Cool!! The results might help some folk that like to use both.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
rere130

Post by rere130 »

Thanks for your advice :)

Sadly that's not work, I don't have option "do not show this again"

Maybe with an old version...

I did not buy an official license, before that I wanted to know if it worked well. So i can't use UHD Drive Tool...

EDIT : I reflash for the third time "DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.00.bin" and... It's works this time ! DVDFab and MakeMKV ! I don't know why... :roll:

Many thanks for your help :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Very nice!

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 am

Cool!! The results might help some folk that like to use both.
Agreed. I'll play around tonight and see what I can find. But if they did take that option out that would suck. We'll find out. My poor little bw-16d1ht is seriously abused at this point. Lol

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Just got around to testing. Indeed, there is no way to override the firmware check. That's annoying. It'll make life harder for some people.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 pm
Just got around to testing. Indeed, there is no way to override the firmware check. That's annoying. It'll make life harder for some people.
I just re-installed the trial (DVDFab11_x64(11.0.8.7)) that I had downloaded in May. The popup message I am talking about is below.

dFab_incompatible_firmware.jpg
dFab_incompatible_firmware.jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 12712 times

Ignore the drive model in the pic. I had to connect a drive that has incompatible firmware. Do you not get this popup message anymore? With a drive on NS55 1.04-MK, I just ticked the box and clicked "no".

If this message no longer appears, that sux!!
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It doesn't. It links to their downgrade ripo...er software. Just an ok button. No yes/no. No don't show checkbox.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am
It doesn't. It links to their downgrade ripo...er software. Just an ok button. No yes/no. No don't show checkbox.
Bugger. I wonder if you can roll back to DVDFab11_x64(11.0.8.7), do the things I did, then update to newer version again?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am
I just downloaded and installed the latest version (11.0.9.6) and got the same popup message. Here you go.

DVDFab latest version message.jpg
DVDFab latest version message.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 12709 times

After ticking and clicking "No", I put a disc in and get the below messages. (I know this drive is unsupported, which is the same message I got with ASUS 3.10-MK but for NS55 1.04-MK, I didn't get the last message and I was able to start ripping the UHD disc.)

DVDFab message 2.jpg
DVDFab message 2.jpg (17.87 KiB) Viewed 12707 times
DVDFab message 3.jpg
DVDFab message 3.jpg (16.31 KiB) Viewed 12707 times
Last edited by MartyMcNuts on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I just flashed my drive to NS55 1.04-MK and I got no warning at all. It simply worked fine. But when I put NS60 1.02-MK on the drive, I got the error I talked about with no way to continue. So I would say it works for SOME firmware (probably those that make a drive truly friendly) but not others. That's not confusing at ALL LOL
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:28 am
I just flashed my drive to NS55 1.04-MK and I got no warning at all. It simply worked fine. But when I put NS60 1.02-MK on the drive, I got the error I talked about with no way to continue. So I would say it works for SOME firmware (probably those that make a drive truly friendly) but not others. That's not confusing at ALL LOL
Probably but we really won't no for sure until someone tests a drive with "x.xx" firmware.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:33 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Probably but we really won't no for sure until someone tests a drive with "x.xx" firmware.
Well I ain't going through the entire MK firmware zip! :D My poor little BW-16D1HT is already highly abused by me. I put it back to NS60 1.00. And that's where it's staying. My new NS60 supposedly is coming tomorrow (I have my doubts...UPS is having issues) and I plan on downgrading that to 1.00 as well for the Vantec case. It better not come with that encrypted crap.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:36 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:33 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Well I ain't going through the entire MK firmware zip! :D My poor little BW-16D1HT is already highly abused by me. I put it back to NS60 1.00. And that's where it's staying. My new NS60 supposedly is coming tomorrow (I have my doubts...UPS is having issues) and I plan on downgrading that to 1.00 as well for the Vantec case. It better not come with that encrypted crap.
Fingers crossed!! :D