Proper UHD Drive Test Procedures and Software

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
DVD Maniac

Proper UHD Drive Test Procedures and Software

Post by DVD Maniac »

I was just wondering what others are using? My acid test Step 1 is will read well known fussy titles like Mockingjay. Step 2 run the usual benchmark tools like Passmark. The problem with Step 2 is I cannot find bench test SW specifically specified to include UHD. Anyone know of such free or otherwise?
Billycar11

Re: Proper UHD Drive Test Procedures and Software

Post by Billycar11 »

DVD Maniac wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:27 pm
I was just wondering what others are using? My acid test Step 1 is will read well known fussy titles like Mockingjay. Step 2 run the usual benchmark tools like Passmark. The problem with Step 2 is I cannot find bench test SW specifically specified to include UHD. Anyone know of such free or otherwise?
My testing procedures are proprietary and you can't know them.
Lol jk

Just use makemkv to test I don't think pass mark is going to help you it won't say if it get read errors on disks.

What I do is at least 2 UHD disks with a full folder backup with known good disks and it it gets any read errors/m2ts hash errors and still does so after cleaning the disk the drive is bad often time I will double check the disk in a known good drive to make sure it didn't go bad. I also go by the read speed if the drive if it is slower than usual it is also bad.

Testing these things is 100% necessary we are lgs quality control lol I have gotten over 35 defective drives.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
DVD Maniac

Post by DVD Maniac »

My testing procedures are proprietary and you can't know them.
Lol jk

Just use makemkv to test I don't think pass mark is going to help you it won't say if it get read errors on disks.

What I do is at least 2 UHD disks with a full folder backup with known good disks and it it gets any read errors/m2ts hash errors and still does so after cleaning the disk the drive is bad often time I will double check the disk in a known good drive to make sure it didn't go bad. I also go by the read speed if the drive if it is slower than usual it is also bad.

Testing these things is 100% necessary we are lgs quality control lol I have gotten over 35 defective drives.
:lol: I do use MakeMKV but just for DVD file uncompressed. I use the other, ahem, brand from our friends in Asia to backup compressed MKV;s to save drive space. Handbrake /others are flakey in my experience and tend to be riddled with Malware. Ill give it ago with MakeMKV. Do you do a folder backup or ISO?

Thanks for advice
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

DVD Maniac wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:58 am

:lol: I do use MakeMKV but just for DVD file uncompressed. I use the other, ahem, brand from our friends in Asia to backup compressed MKV;s to save drive space. Handbrake /others are flakey in my experience and tend to be riddled with Malware. Ill give it ago with MakeMKV. Do you do a folder backup or ISO?

Thanks for advice
yes full folder backup with decrypt checked
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

For me if the title is supported I'll do a decrypted folder backup. Otherwise I activate libredrive and make a protected iso with imgburn that I can decrypt to folder backup once the key is released.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk