New BU40N issues

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Exocer55

New BU40N issues

Post by Exocer55 »

Hey all! New member here, have some issues that I can't seem to figure out nor find any info that will help troubleshoot.

I recently purchased a pre-flashed LG BU40N in a Vantec Slim USB Enclosure. Drive is recognized in Windows Explorer, Device Manager and MakeMKV. The problem is that it won't read ANY discs. Blu-Ray (tried 4 different legit copies), DVD (tried 2 different legit copies), Audio or Data CD (tried 1 legit copy of each), nothing. One oddity I noticed is that in the drive's Serial Number is missing in the Drive Information in MakeMKV.

I've been in touch with the seller (no qualms with him, he's been great and was who sent me some of the firmware files I tried) and have tried flashing multiple firmwares (came with 1.00, flashed 1.03mk and back to 1.00), nothing helps. Activity light doesn't flash when inserting a disc. Tried across 3 machines (2013 Macbook Pro, i5 2500k system, Ryzen 5 3600 system) all with the same results (no disc reading). Short of swapping the drive out, is there anything else I can try? I've also tried using different USB ports and cables to no avail (didn't think it'd work but I had to try since it was easy enough) and removing/re-seating the drive within the enclosure.
Attachments
drive info 1.png
drive info 1.png (46.36 KiB) Viewed 5255 times