SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MartyMcNuts

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Canniz94 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:36 am
Im getting the below error message, please help!

"command produced error code 0x8f05c103

Thanks
Let me just consult my magic 8 ball..... C'mon mate, try giving us some information...
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Wlassek

Post by Wlassek »

Hi, thanks for all your work, but I have some trouble as user Konsider in this post, I have BD-RE BH16NS40 and I (I know now that was mistake) updated FW 1.03 (original) to 1.05 (original) and my BD drive does not recognized inserted disc (FW 1.05 update was sucessfull, then rebooted pc, old screen with info is here), so then I tried same steps as user Konsider in this post (help from Billycar11) - I used SDFtool Flasher and change FW to WH16NS60 1.02mk with the enc option as Billycar11 wrote, but nothing - FW changed done, reboot, but my BD drive still does not recognize inserted disc. Now I am on this: (MakeMKV info)

Drive Information:
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BH16NS40
Revision: 1.03
Firmware date: 2117-11-20 19:43
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted (does not matter if ANY DVD/BD/CD is inserted, message is same, drive seems empty)

Thanks for any solution, ideally step by step, because now I think my BD is maybe KO... Thank you so much and sorry for double post, my first post can be deleted, or this (how admins want).
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Wlassek wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:53 pm
Hi, thanks for all your work, but I have some trouble as user Konsider in this post, I have BD-RE BH16NS40 and I (I know now that was mistake) updated FW 1.03 (original) to 1.05 (original) and my BD drive does not recognized inserted disc (FW 1.05 update was sucessfull, then rebooted pc, old screen with info is here), so then I tried same steps as user Konsider in this post (help from Billycar11) - I used SDFtool Flasher and change FW to WH16NS60 1.02mk with the enc option as Billycar11 wrote, but nothing - FW changed done, reboot, but my BD drive still does not recognize inserted disc. Now I am on this: (MakeMKV info)

Drive Information:
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BH16NS40
Revision: 1.03
Firmware date: 2117-11-20 19:43
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted (does not matter if ANY DVD/BD/CD is inserted, message is same, drive seems empty)

Thanks for any solution, ideally step by step, because now I think my BD is maybe KO... Thank you so much and sorry for double post, my first post can be deleted, or this (how admins want).
The LG 1.05 (original) update screwed your drive.

So many people have innocently updated their drives using LG's official firmware update tool. You really shouldn't update a drive's firmware unless it is not working properly.

About the only thing you can try is to recover using the old dosflash method. You need to switch to ide mode in BIOS and connect drive to SATA ports 0 or 1.

See Billy's Ultimate UHD guide for the Recovery ISO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Robert1978

Post by Robert1978 »

Hi, I download the sdftool flasher and put it in the directory of makemkv, and when I try to open the program it doesn't;t open. I tried this with and without admin privileges. I tried installing .net 4.7.2 and got an error saying that I had a higher version already installed.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Regards
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Robert1978 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:51 am
Hi, I download the sdftool flasher and put it in the directory of makemkv, and when I try to open the program it doesn't;t open. I tried this with and without admin privileges. I tried installing .net 4.7.2 and got an error saying that I had a higher version already installed.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Regards
Don't put it in the MakeMKV directory. Put in in the folder where the firmware files are.
Robert1978

Post by Robert1978 »

I did as you said and the program still doesn't open.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:15 pm
Wlassek wrote:

So many people have innocently updated their drives using LG's official firmware update tool. You really shouldn't update a drive's firmware unless it is not working properly.

About the only thing you can try is to recover using the old dosflash method. You need to switch to ide mode in BIOS and connect drive to SATA ports 0 or 1.

just for some additional info i got an email form them and the drive is from 2013 so it was to old and should never have been flashed
got a picture of the sticker

i told them try and recover with sdf tool first
and if that does not work the will need to flash a dos flash compatible firmware and then do it that way
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:23 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:15 pm
Wlassek wrote:

just for some additional info i got an email form them and the drive is from 2013 so it was to old and should never have been flashed
got a picture of the sticker

i told them try and recover with sdf tool first
and if that does not work the will need to flash a dos flash compatible firmware and then do it that way
Yeah but LG's official update tool should check that it's an old version and should not flash it, but it doesn't. It just blindly flashed away and screws up the drive in the process.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 am

Yeah but LG's official update tool should check that it's an old version and should not flash it, but it doesn't. It just blindly flashed away and screws up the drive in the process.
yeah even lg didnt read our guides lol
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Xerox748

Post by Xerox748 »

Hi,

Bit of a pickle I'm in here. So I have a BP60NB10. It started with a firmware...not sure which one now but I think it was 1.03. I was trying to flash to BP60NB10_1.02 before then flashing to the 1.00. However, I seem to have accidentally flashed it to BH16NS60_1.02. Now I can't even eject it, and whenever I try to flash it to a different firmware it gives me an error code like 0x8f05c103 for example.

Can it be fixed?

Thanks,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Xerox748 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm
Hi,

Bit of a pickle I'm in here. So I have a BP60NB10. It started with a firmware...not sure which one now but I think it was 1.03. I was trying to flash to BP60NB10_1.02 before then flashing to the 1.00. However, I seem to have accidentally flashed it to BH16NS60_1.02. Now I can't even eject it, and whenever I try to flash it to a different firmware it gives me an error code like 0x8f05c103 for example.

Can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Read the first post of this thread and try the recovery option.
Wlassek

Re: BH16NS40 1.05 recovered

Post by Wlassek »

Thanks for all. My problems (no disc detected in my BH16NS40 with latest 1.05 FW) seems to be solved by DosFlash32 which was included in USB recovery ISO (boot from flash to Win etc.). Many thanks. Now I´m on 1.03 FW and all seems to be ok. Thanks again and have a nice day :wink:
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Robert1978 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:56 am
I did as you said and the program still doesn't open.
Try running as admin
Xerox748

Post by Xerox748 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 pm
Xerox748 wrote:
Hi,

Can it be fixed?

Thanks,
So I tried that still giving me command produced error code 0x8f052400.

Does not seem to make a difference if the enc box is checked. I'm selecting the BH16NS60 1.02 first as the "Wrong" and then the BP60NB10 1.02 for the second one to correct it to.

It's possible it started with 1.03 though, which isn't an option. Is that the issue? Is there something else I can do?

Thanks,
Xerox748

Post by Xerox748 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:39 pm
Xerox748 wrote:
Hi,

Can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Okay so that didn't work. I open it, select the drive, then click recover. The menu opens and I select the currently wrong BH16NS60_1.02 and then for the next box to repair it I selected the BP60NB10 1.02. It doesn't seem to make a difference if the enc box is checked. I hit start and tt gives me an error and says command produced error code 0x8f052400.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,