bababu

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by bababu »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:36 pm
bababu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:34 pm
Hello Guys!
Today I got my Hitachi-LG BU40N Internal UHD Blu-Ray/DVD Drive/Burner. I knew that i had to flash it first, so i can get start to work!
But when i select my Drive and my Firmware to write and press the start button, nothing starts. It is like i haven't even pressed the start button. It happened when i tried to flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK and also with DE_LG_BU40N_1.00_MK.
It looks like the first picture in the attachements.
My current version of the drive is in the 2nd attachment pic.

I already read that I have to crossflash to get to 1.00 but my problem is, I can't even flash to 1.03_MK because nothing is happening ....
There's no pics. Try "insert image" and select the image saved on your hard drive.

Are you using the latest version of SDFtool flasher (v1.3.5)?
How is the drive connected to your PC?
Do you have MakeMKV installed in the default directory?
Did you ensure there is no disc in the drive and the tray is closed?
Somehow the insert picture featrue isnt working for me, i will post a link to imgur for the pictures in the original post.
I am using the latest version.
I didnt change anything at the directory at installation.
I have no disc inserted and using the front ports of my pc for the drive.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bababu wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:14 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
bababu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:34 pm
Hello Guys!
Today I got my Hitachi-LG BU40N Internal UHD Blu-Ray/DVD Drive/Burner. I knew that i had to flash it first, so i can get start to work!
But when i select my Drive and my Firmware to write and press the start button, nothing starts. It is like i haven't even pressed the start button. It happened when i tried to flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK and also with DE_LG_BU40N_1.00_MK.
It looks like the first picture in the attachements.
My current version of the drive is in the 2nd attachment pic.

I already read that I have to crossflash to get to 1.00 but my problem is, I can't even flash to 1.03_MK because nothing is happening ....
There's no pics. Try "insert image" and select the image saved on your hard drive.

Somehow the insert picture featrue isnt working for me, i will post a link to imgur for the pictures in the original post.
What ports? How is it connected? Doesn't the drive use a mini SATA connection?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
bababu

Post by bababu »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:32 pm
bababu wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Sorry i forgot to mention, that I use a external case that converts Sata connection to USB.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B072WJCR9M?psc ... ct_details
So I used the USB port on my front and now also on the back and nothing happens when I press start.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

well and there's your problem they rebadged all their bad boards from there BU40Ns that cant flash and are selling them now as a standalone case.
going to have to add to the list not to buy tech pulse cases
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bababu wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:43 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
bababu wrote:

Sorry i forgot to mention, that I use a external case that converts Sata connection to USB.
So I used the USB port on my front and now also on the back and nothing happens when I press start.
Yep, your case doesn't support flashing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
bababu

Post by bababu »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 am
bababu wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

So the solution would be to connect the drive directly and flash it right? Or is the case also not working with ripping 4k after flashing it directly?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bababu wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:56 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:09 am
bababu wrote:

So the solution would be to connect the drive directly and flash it right? Or is the case also not working with ripping 4k after flashing it directly?
Doesn't work for flashing. Once the drive has been flashed you can then use the case if you want as it'll work ok for ripping.
botus

Post by botus »

so - still got nowhere with my NS40 drive

booted using the PE image of this site (rather than trying on a win32 machine) - all I got was nothing on all 6 ports it claims to have in the drop-down
in win explorer ALL DVD drives vanished replaced with 6 USB drives ???
rebooted back in my windows and it had delete all the DVD drives claiming they weren't connected ???

fought it back to live MKV says this - the microcode re enabled is the only step I have managed in the last month of fighting - but it doesn't help

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK9JCCBD410
Firmware date: 2118-10-29 19:36
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

botus wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:22 pm
....this is the first time I ever got dos flash to give ANY info - but its not good news (+ the pic I tried to post yesterday) - if we don't include the photos I included it won't make sense for people to help ?

"No Flash chip on this port"

turn off Driver enforcing....

1. Use dosflash to extract the current firmware from your drive.
(Even though it is a NS50 firmware, it still has your original NS40 calibration data).

2. Then you need to use the EEPROM data mover to create a new firmware using the clean firmware you downloaded
and the firmware you just extracted in the previous step.

3. Then use dosflash to flash the newly created firmware to your drive.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

botus wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:41 pm
so - still got nowhere with my NS40 drive

booted using the PE image of this site (rather than trying on a win32 machine) - all I got was nothing on all 6 ports it claims to have in the drop-down
in win explorer ALL DVD drives vanished replaced with 6 USB drives ???
rebooted back in my windows and it had delete all the DVD drives claiming they weren't connected ???

fought it back to live MKV says this - the microcode re enabled is the only step I have managed in the last month of fighting - but it doesn't help

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK9JCCBD410
Firmware date: 2118-10-29 19:36
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

botus wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:22 pm
....this is the first time I ever got dos flash to give ANY info - but its not good news (+ the pic I tried to post yesterday) - if we don't include the photos I included it won't make sense for people to help ?

"No Flash chip on this port"

turn off Driver enforcing....

1. Use dosflash to extract the current firmware from your drive.
(Even though it is a NS50 firmware, it still has your original NS40 calibration data).

2. Then you need to use the EEPROM data mover to create a new firmware using the clean firmware you downloaded
and the firmware you just extracted in the previous step.

3. Then use dosflash to flash the newly created firmware to your drive.
If using the PE image, to use DOSflash, it must be done on an old machine that has IDE mode. If you can't do that then just throw the drive in the rubbish as it's no good.
jemima

Post by jemima »

Hey there.

I had bought HL-DT-ST BH16NS55, that had firmware 1.05.

I want to use it with DVDFab.cn (for MakeMKV I've already bought a number of LibreDrive friendly Panasonic drives from asmcom), which allegedly is able to give me the RDK for UHDs (see https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php? ... ost1998784).

Now DVDFab doesn't work with 1.05, but allegedly does with 1.02 https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives.htm .

Using SDF tool to downgrade to DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02.bin from the All You Need Firmware Pack (MartyMcNuts).zip didn't work, but I read somewhere in this thread that it was anyway recommended to use DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK.bin.
Flashing to that didn't work at first either (error code 0x82052603), but strangely enough, after several tries it worked.

Now unfortunately, DVDFab doesn't seem to work with DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK either.

If I try going to DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.00 or DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02 I get 0xff05c013.
Any ideas what I could try to do?

Thanks,
Jemima
jemima

Post by jemima »

Nevermind. Just found out myself.

I had to do RECOVERY, selecting the DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK firmware as the "wrong" one and the DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02 as the right one.
And with that, DVDFab seems happy.
Kagagoogoo

Post by Kagagoogoo »

If you have an error code when trying to flash an LG drive BH16NS55, make sure you do not have a disk in the drive. I had to take the disk out and reboot the machine to get the drive to flash successfully. After that works great with UHD discs, that you very much for making this!
Agraleauto

Post by Agraleauto »

following a tutorial from twoguyztech on youtube i bought an LG WH14NS40 at their recommendation, ive been trying to flash the DE_LG_WH14NS40-NS50_1.02.bin onto it and i keep recieving a 0x82052603 error code. Is it because because my drive is 1.05 not 1.02? and if so can i revert it back to flash it?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Agraleauto wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:33 am
following a tutorial from twoguyztech on youtube i bought an LG WH14NS40 at their recommendation, ive been trying to flash the DE_LG_WH14NS40-NS50_1.02.bin onto it and i keep recieving a 0x82052603 error code. Is it because because my drive is 1.05 not 1.02? and if so can i revert it back to flash it?
Guide says:

WH14NS40 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK

& make sure 'enc' is checked, no disc in drive, tray closed
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:41 am
Agraleauto wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:33 am
Guide says:

WH14NS40 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK

& make sure 'enc' is checked, no disc in drive, tray closed
no no no come on the youtube video that encourages him to to flash firmware with the sleepbug and without the enhanced downgrade checks bypassed and slower read speed is obviously right.
forget the guide thats approved bye the makemkv devloper the youtuber with the outdated video is right

happy April fools everyone
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com