ASUS BW-16D1H-U with new pioneer drive ?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Zoolok

ASUS BW-16D1H-U with new pioneer drive ?

Post by Zoolok »

Hello,

unfortunately I didn't visit here before acquiring a new Blu-ray drive and I purchased a ASUS BW-16D1H-U, however it seems to have a Pioneer drive not mentioned on this forum, it's a RS8F00 according to Makemkv.

It seems most common has been RS6800 before, if anyone has any information about the the RS8F00 drive and the capabilities I'd very much appreciate it.
MartyMcNuts

Re: ASUS BW-16D1H-U with new pioneer drive ?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Zoolok wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:08 pm
Hello,

unfortunately I didn't visit here before acquiring a new Blu-ray drive and I purchased a ASUS BW-16D1H-U, however it seems to have a Pioneer drive not mentioned on this forum, it's a RS8F00 according to Makemkv.

It seems most common has been RS6800 before, if anyone has any information about the the RS8F00 drive and the capabilities I'd very much appreciate it.
There's currently no UHD capabilities for any Pioneer drives. This may be possible in the future.

Can't you just return it?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Zoolok

Re: ASUS BW-16D1H-U with new pioneer drive ?

Post by Zoolok »

UHD capabilities were not really a concern when buying it, and it works well for the archiving purpose I bought it for, quite speedy and no wasted blanks yet. Ripping FHD is also not a problem, working very well with speed and it's very silent.

I came here because when I went to ASUS support page to see if there was newer firmware, it seems the only firmware they have are for an LG-drive (FW A204).

It's strange that they have different incompatible drives/firmwares selling under the same name, and they don't seem to have firmwares at all for download for the pioneer drives.

When googling it I arrived here and learnt about the UHD-friendliness aspect and also that other people here posting having a RS6800 drive platform while MakeMKV identifies mine as a RS8F00.

Mostly curious about what's different with my drive.

At least I know where to go if I feel the need to rip UHD's in the future.