Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray rip problems

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
angar

Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray rip problems

Post by angar »

i cant get it to rip at all, all my other blurays rip fine, theres a few small scratches, but ive succesfully ripped dvds with big gashes all around the disc. my drive cant be the issue, i got it 3 days ago, whats the deal?

i have a debug log if anyone wants it
Woodstock

Re: Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray rip problems

Post by Woodstock »

You see scratches. Scratches block reading off the video, and MakeMKV complains about them?

WHERE a scratch is can affect the reading of the disk. Big scratch in an extra video you're not interested in? No problem. Small scratch across main feature video? Big problem.

Your best bet is to try cleaning the disk. Sometimes, scratches can become "less visible" to the laser reading the disk. Otherwise, replacing the disk is your choice.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Radiocomms237

Re: Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray rip problems

Post by Radiocomms237 »

DVDs seem to be much more robust than Blu-rays. I've successfully ripped DVDs that hardly had a reflection they were so badly scratched, yet Blu-rays suffer terribly from the tiniest of imperfections.

For some reason this thread is in the UHD Optical Drives forum, are we talking about a Blu-ray or an UltraHD disc?

And are you trying to backup the disc or rip directly from it?

If you try to backup the disc, you may find that only one or two files are affected. If that's the case I may be able to help you with individual replacement files, assuming they're from the same disc pressing, but my internet connection is as slow as a wet week so I can't go uploading entire discs.

The disc I have is:

Code: Select all

Label: DESPICABLEME2_G51
Timestamp: 2013-08-30 09:46:21
Protection: AACS v43
Data capacity: 39.52 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)