Newbie which Pioneer drive

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Fluxonium

Newbie which Pioneer drive

Post by Fluxonium »

Hi,

I am looking to buy a UHD 4K drive to backup mostly UHD and Blu-Ray discs and a few DVD's.

Doing a bit of research it seems the Pioneer drives look to be the best in terms of stability and reliability, I currently have the Verbatim Blu-Ray DVD-Drive 43888 which is working fine, but from reading looks to have some longevity issues.

So i am looking to buy a drive from one of the forum drive resellers, my question is which drive to go for?

1) is internal the best way to go? (BDR-213EBK or BDR-S13EBK or BDRS13E-X)
2) are the external USB drives better (i.e. better features, easier to clean...)

just not sure which drive is the best to go for, I have a case which can take an internal drive so that is no issue, and I don't care about read speed (too much :)) and will not be using the drive for playback.

Thanks,
Andy
dcoke22

Re: Newbie which Pioneer drive

Post by dcoke22 »

I prefer the internal drives. I have a Pioneer S13 drive, which is pretty nice; the best of my 4 drives.

If you ever have the need for some portability, you already have the Verbatim 43888.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

I recommend any of the internal pioneers I sell sadly s13 UBK is out of stock until late March. And 212 is soon to be replaced by 213/2213
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Fluxonium

Post by Fluxonium »

Hi All,

Thanks all :)

Which is the best / recommended external drive? (the Verbatim 43888 drive I have seems to work well so far)

also are any of the following drives any good:
  • BDR-S06XLB (Firmware on 1.06 (Latest version) )
    BDR-209EBK (flashed to BDR-S11 JX)
    BDR-209DBK (2014 not sure which firmware)
    BDR-211EBK (not sure which year or firmware)
Thanks,
Andy