Are there white internal Blu-ray burners?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
jocel

Are there white internal Blu-ray burners?

Post by jocel »

I realize this seems like a crazy question. But it is for my partner, who gave herself a WHITE desktop PC.

She's driving me crazy now.
Any offers?
As long as the faceplate is white, and it's SATA.

Cheers..
dcoke22

Re: Are there white internal Blu-ray burners?

Post by dcoke22 »

Pioneer makes the BDR-XD08S in America or the BDR-XD08TS in Europe. They're external, top-loading drives in a color Pioneer calls Snow White Silver. I don't know if either drive has LibreDrive support.

As far as internal drives, I'm not aware of any that aren't black. One of the sellers here might know how hard it is to remove and reattach the face plate of a drive so you could spray paint it white. I don't think I'd want to try to paint the face plate still attached to a drive since any overspray that gets on the optics could destroy the drive.
Last edited by dcoke22 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jocel

Post by jocel »

Unfortunately, he wants it internal... how do you argue with who for something like that? I bought a DVD player used on ebay, but the fronter does NOT fit the Pioneer BDR-209DBK that I have (yes I have...) buyed.

“Amor, ch'a nullo amato amar perdona”

Argh...
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

removing the front bezel is easy just eject tray and pop the side and bottom clips with a plastic tool taking the tray out is a bit harder but

but your best bet is just painting it or plasti dip when the drive is disassembled do not paint it with it assembled you will fog up the lasers. probably give the paint a week to off gas before reassembly and using it
Last edited by Billycar11 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
georgesgiralt

Post by georgesgiralt »

Hello,
Optical drive makers used to sell their internal drives with both a black and a "grey" bezel. Depending on the make of the computer you owned, you put the bezel with the correct colour.
I would either ask the maker for a properly coloured bezel
Or find a dead drive from the same maker and paint the bezel white using can paint (this paint may melt the bezel because the paint solvent may harm the bezel plastic, this is why I advise using an extra bezel and not the original one...)
I bet you will find that whatever method you choose, the colour you achieve will not match the one of the computer. There are many many whites and you don't notice until they are set one near the other.... So you may be forced to paint all the computer bezels....
And bear in mid that computer plastics are made with flame retardant additives which yellow with time and sun. Less so for the paint. So the colour discrepancy will worsen in time....
And of course, YMMV ...