USB drive for using DVDFab / AnyDVD with UHD disks.

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MrPenguin

USB drive for using DVDFab / AnyDVD with UHD disks.

Post by MrPenguin »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a USB drive that DVDFab and/or AnyDVD could use to extract keys from UHD disks please? I already have a very nice Pioneer XD08 which is compatible with LibreDrive, but I'd like to be able to procure at least some of my own keys locally too.

I've already emailed Asmcom (as my local provider), but they're temporarily "out-of-office".

Thanks.
Billycar11

Re: USB drive for using DVDFab / AnyDVD with UHD disks.

Post by Billycar11 »

MrPenguin wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 am
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a USB drive that DVDFab and/or AnyDVD could use to extract keys from UHD disks please? I already have a very nice Pioneer XD08 which is compatible with LibreDrive, but I'd like to be able to procure at least some of my own keys locally too.

I've already emailed Asmcom (as my local provider), but they're temporarily "out-of-office".

Thanks.
I would not call key.db producing your own keys sure it might have some a week or 2 before makemkv.

Your xd08 will already work with anydvd if it does libredrive.

For dvdfab they only support the old junky Asus and LG drives and I don't recommend them at all anymore.
But if you really want UHD support for them you need that.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 am
I would not call key.db producing your own keys sure it might have some a week or 2 before makemkv.
AFAIK MakeMKV needs a VUK, but I only need the unit keys to play a UHD directly using mpv. (LibreDrive obviously needs to be activated, and I don't get Java menus this way either.)

My goal here would be to add something to the public key database myself rather than waiting for someone else to do that work for me.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Bu40n is the only drive to recommend for what you want to do. Clearly you want to run findvuk and as mentioned you need an LG or Asus drive for that. I use my bu40n for that process.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 pm
Bu40n is the only drive to recommend for what you want to do.
Thanks. Did you need to flash this drive with different firmware, or did it work for you "out of the box"? What would the "best" firmware for this drive be? Is there a "bad" firmware version beyond which this drive must never be upgraded, as with Pioneer drives?

Hmm: It looks like Asmcom sells BU40N drives already with suitable firmware and USB enclosures :mrgreen:. But what's the difference between the "DE" and "MK" firmwares?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

MrPenguin wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 am
SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 pm
Bu40n is the only drive to recommend for what you want to do.
Thanks. Did you need to flash this drive with different firmware, or did it work for you "out of the box"? What would the "best" firmware for this drive be? Is there a "bad" firmware version beyond which this drive must never be upgraded, as with Pioneer drives?

Hmm: It looks like Asmcom sells BU40N drives already with suitable firmware and USB enclosures :mrgreen:. But what's the difference between the "DE" and "MK" firmwares?
All LG firmware so far is flashable for now.
De is original fw that was modified to downgrade a drive it has a 1 byte change.

Mk fw has more downgrade as well as encryption checks bypassed

Most new drive will require you to flash mk fw first then you could go to De for wider ripper compatibility
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com