Revision: 1.03
Serial number: M65IAMG1310
Firmware date: 2117-11-21 16:53
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
so it looks like I can get libredrive mode with a firmware patch if I am interpreting this correctly.

My question to you guys is this: How would I go about doing that, and how risky is it from a chance of bricking drive perspective?
MartyMcNuts

Re: Little bit of help needed

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hime0698 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:04 am
Hi guys, I have an LG WH16NS40 drive with the following info dump

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.03
Serial number: M65IAMG1310
Firmware date: 2117-11-21 16:53
Bus encryption flags: 17

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
so it looks like I can get libredrive mode with a firmware patch if I am interpreting this correctly.

My question to you guys is this: How would I go about doing that, and how risky is it from a chance of bricking drive perspective?
Hi,

WARNING: IF THIS DRIVE IS NOT REASONABLY NEW (as in older than late 2015) then do not flash it.

However, I'm assuming this is a fairly new drive since it has firmware 1.03 on it. You can make sure by checking for the SVC NS50 code on the drive label.

If this is the case, you can download either of the modified flashers + firmware and easily flash your drive. (Both the ASUS & LG flashers do the same thing)

Flashers & firmware:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18873

There are also some new (MK) firmwares available that were created by Mike(admin):

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113

It's very easy to do and there is very little chance of doing any damage.

Let us know how you go!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Hime0698

Post by Hime0698 »

I bought the drive in december so its fairly new. What code should I be looking for on the drive label?
Hime0698

Post by Hime0698 »

Ok so, quick pull and reinstall later here is my drive label: https://imgur.com/HUnDKN1
I have noticed in the mk firmware pack under HL-DT-ST (which I think is the right spot for my drive) there are 2 different WH14NS40 firmware files; both labeled WH16NS40-NS50, are they the same? If not how do I tell which to use? And most importantly are these the right files for my drive?
Hime0698

Post by Hime0698 »

Update: Realized there was only one firmware in the folder and I had read it wrong. Downloaded the mk firmware and flasher tool, pushed one button selected one file, it took thirty seconds and worked perfectly couldn't be happier. Thanks for the help you guys! Don't have a UHD disk to test atm but a regular blue ray I have that was rate limited to like 1 or 2x appears to be running at like 4x now.
Edit: above 5x now, big improvement!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hime0698 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:00 pm
Update: Realized there was only one firmware in the folder and I had read it wrong. Downloaded the mk firmware and flasher tool, pushed one button selected one file, it took thirty seconds and worked perfectly couldn't be happier. Thanks for the help you guys! Don't have a UHD disk to test atm but a regular blue ray I have that was rate limited to like 1 or 2x appears to be running at like 4x now.
Edit: above 5x now, big improvement!
Excellent! I was about to mention there is only 1 WH16NS40-NS50 folder in the MK firmwares. Glad you figured that one out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SkippyTheMagnificent

Post by SkippyTheMagnificent »

I have a similar question as the original poster.

My drive is WH16NS40 without the -NS50 after it. I bought it in 2018 and the version is 1.2. The drive says it was made in 2016. I downloaded the MK firmware files but I only see folders with WH16NS40-NS50 or WH16NS40-NB50. What do I use and how do I update the firmware?

I have attached a screenshot of my drive information.

I am using Unraid with MKV version 1.14.3

Thank you!
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.13.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.13.43 PM.png (146.67 KiB) Viewed 15481 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SkippyTheMagnificent wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:18 pm
I have a similar question as the original poster.

My drive is WH16NS40 without the -NS50 after it. I bought it in 2018 and the version is 1.2. The drive says it was made in 2016. I downloaded the MK firmware files but I only see folders with WH16NS40-NS50 or WH16NS40-NB50. What do I use and how do I update the firmware?

I have attached a screenshot of my drive information.

I am using Unraid with MKV version 1.14.3

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.13.43 PM.png
It appears to recognize UHD discs. Why do you need to update it?