Custom firmware pack with LibreDrive patches - discussion

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
jonghotti

Re: Custom firmware pack with LibreDrive patches

Post by jonghotti »

Woodstock, it's not just me asking for the firmware. It would be great to use BP50NB40 and WP50NB40 with LibreDrive. Why the hesitation to share the firmware?
xerotyme

Post by xerotyme »

I too have a BP50NB40 on stock firmware 1.01 and seem to be clueless on how to flash the patched firmware to it. Does it give you the ability to rip UHD’s like I am hoping for? I’m just wondering what the benefits will be once I get it done. Ideally down the line I would like to purchase something that is slim, external and has USB 3.0 that is capable of copying/burning 4K UHD backups. I’m new to Blu-Ray burning and just thought this model would be good to start with, I guess we’ll see...
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Woodstock is going to come through for us, I can feel it, come on dude!
xerotyme you should drop me a line at alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com to talk slim drives.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
jrmcmillan

Post by jrmcmillan »

Has anyone solved the problem flashing a BP50NB40-NB50 drive? The flash tool gets stuck at 0%. One time I tried it, I saw a very quick error message saying "Type Mismatch" I think. It was only visible for a very short time. Help!
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

BP50NB40 currently not supported along with the BP60NB10, at least until someone produces a tool to dump firmware over usb.
rogodeter

Post by rogodeter »

spl147 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm
rogodeter wrote:Has anybody created tools/instructions for flashing my drives while running Linux? I don't have Windows and my drives are internal so moving it to a friend's machine is not trivial.

Thanks,
Boot from a windows live USB

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
I literally haven't used Windows for over 10 years so excuse my ignorance. I assume this means I need to have a license for Windows? If so, I don't have one. Is there an alternative?

Thanks
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

No license needed. Google Windows Live CD and you'll be all set.
rogodeter

Post by rogodeter »

Unfortunately I don't have a license for Windows. Guess I'll keep on keepin on without Libredrive.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Again, the answer is NO LICENSE NEEDED.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

rogodeter wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:03 am
Unfortunately I don't have a license for Windows. Guess I'll keep on keepin on without Libredrive.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
as says jonghotti no license needed for pe windows
jonghotti wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:40 am
No license needed. Google Windows Live CD and you'll be all set.
just run this in wine or something https://www.aomeitech.com/pe-builder.html
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
spl147

Post by spl147 »

rogodeter wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm
rogodeter wrote:Has anybody created tools/instructions for flashing my drives while running Linux? I don't have Windows and my drives are internal so moving it to a friend's machine is not trivial.

Thanks,
Boot from a windows live USB

I literally haven't used Windows for over 10 years so excuse my ignorance. I assume this means I need to have a license for Windows? If so, I don't have one. Is there an alternative?

Thanks
Windows will run for 30 days without a license,
A license can be had on ebay for $5, i just bought one myself! Used it for a VM on unraid

Hockeydave

Post by Hockeydave »

Actually, I have been using a Windows 10 VM running on my Synology NAS to flash firmware. I downloaded it directly from Microsoft and installed in in July of 2018 figuring after 30 days it would force to to enter a license code and I would have to decide if I wanted to keep running it going forward and buy a license, however it continues to run to this day. For awhile there was a message telling me to go to the setting and activate windows, but I never did and it still runs and still receives updates. If it ever stops running, I suspect I will have to break down and buy a license. I really just use the VM for Flashing my optical drives and for some Zebra printer software that does not run on my Mac.

Dave
Hardisk

Post by Hardisk »

Hey Everyone!

Finally diving into the Libre Drive world with my new OWC Pro BH16NS40 MT1959. I downloaded the firmware pack and see two folders for the BH16NS40, but one is empty! Does the NS50 work for the MT1959 model too?

John
dobyblue

Post by dobyblue »

Had an LG WH14NS40 that had the RoHS where the version was supposed to be (svc?) which let me know it was never going to support LibreDrive. Found the WH16NS60 with a late 2018 mnfc date on Newegg Canada for CDN$125 and downloaded the flasher, worked like a charm! LibreDrive up and running.

Thanks so much for making everything so easy gang, you are appreciated!
supersonik

Post by supersonik »

i'm an owner of an LG BH16NS55. i'm very new to all this kind of things so i was unsure if it really works this easy and fast.
but yea it does first attempt to flash an optical drive and it was straight success enabled libredrive.

i got a question, what does it mean in the main window of makemkv
"Highest AACS version: 66" and what are the consequences of it ?
i knew that AACS is an DRM which is present on any bluray disc in different version.
but is the higher the number is the newer is the movie/series etc. ?
or is what ?

also i'm not that familiar with the phpbb search engine, maybe there ar already a thread about it, how could i enable "Unrestricted read speed" ?
hex manipulating in the firmware image or something more easier ?