Sleep bug fix

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
duggyhow1

Sleep bug fix

Post by duggyhow1 »

Hi, will the sleep bug fix stop a uhd friendly drive from being compatible with DVDFab media player? Can someone confirm the BW-16D1HT drive working with no sleep bug with DVDFab media player? Will it play uhd Blu-ray’s with no problem without the sleep bug, in other words? Thanks.
SamuriHL

Re: Sleep bug fix

Post by SamuriHL »

To clarify there is no "sleep bug fix". There's only flashing the drive with an official firmware that doesn't suffer from it. That changes your drive. So, if you flash the NS60 firmware to your ASUS drive, it then becomes an NS60. (NOTE: It can't be used with something like PowerDVD even with this firmware because while it has an official firmware, it lacks the requisite hardware for AACS 2.x decryption). So if the player you're looking to use supports an NS60 then it'll work fine. I know DVDFab itself supports my NS60 1.00 drive, but, no idea if the player supports it as I don't own that.
duggyhow1

Post by duggyhow1 »

Hi, thanks so much, It worked wonderfully so far. Makemkv is doing very well at a good speed and dvdfab is playing uhd disks very well also. I'm hoping it wont be any more sleep bug. i flashed it to 3.10 then to the WH16NS60 . thanks so much.
drbuckingham

Post by drbuckingham »

Will I still have the ability to burn Bluray discs if I flash my BW-16D1HT to 3.10 and then cross-flash to the WH16NS60?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

drbuckingham wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:21 pm
Will I still have the ability to burn Bluray discs if I flash my BW-16D1HT to 3.10 and then cross-flash to the WH16NS60?
Possibly not as it says in the pined uhd guide
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
drbuckingham

Post by drbuckingham »

Thank you kindly. I didn't remember that from when I read that guide a couple weeks ago.