Please help with BU40N "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Theozefrench

Please help with BU40N "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error

Post by Theozefrench »

Hi all,
Long time MakeMKV paid user, I want to rip 4K movies and after spending a few days in this forum I bought a BU40N slim external drive.
This is MakeMKV drive info :
Drive Information
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: MO8K6283951
Firmware date: 2119-10-16 10:32
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 71

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

This post : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22653 says the fimware to use is the BU40N-N-Main, but wen I try to flash it I get the "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error.

I feel I'm almost there, probably some intermediate firmware to flash, but can't fint the missing bit of information. Can you point me to what I am missing ?

Thanks for your time !
Billycar11

Re: Please help with BU40N "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error

Post by Billycar11 »

just use the old flashers or read here about a remote flash from me: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17831
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MartyMcNuts

Re: Please help with BU40N "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Theozefrench wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:49 am
Hi all,
Long time MakeMKV paid user, I want to rip 4K movies and after spending a few days in this forum I bought a BU40N slim external drive.
This is MakeMKV drive info :
Drive Information
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: MO8K6283951
Firmware date: 2119-10-16 10:32
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 71

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

This post : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22653 says the fimware to use is the BU40N-N-Main, but wen I try to flash it I get the "you cannot flash your drive to this firmware file directly" error.

I feel I'm almost there, probably some intermediate firmware to flash, but can't fint the missing bit of information. Can you point me to what I am missing ?

Thanks for your time !
Also, the SDFtool Flasher has been updated. You should be able to flash the BU40N with firmware DE_LG_BU40N_1.00 firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Theozefrench

Post by Theozefrench »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 am
Also, the SDFtool Flasher has been updated. You should be able to flash the BU40N with firmware DE_LG_BU40N_1.00 firmware.
It just simply billiantly worked, thank you all for this great place and your kind help. You made my day !