BH16NS55 libre firmware not working with dvdfab

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Stalyoni

BH16NS55 libre firmware not working with dvdfab

Post by Stalyoni »

Hey guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not allowed then please delete it and my bad. But here it goes.

I purchased a preflased(libre) BH16NS55 drive from the one and only MartyMcNutz.
I've been trying to make straight 1 to 1 iso copy imagines off a few genuine 4k blurays that I have in dvdfab but it always winges about the firmware on my drive.

Is there a way to by pass this or flash another firmware that still has libre functionality as well as being able to rip fill 4k iso images with DVDfab having a winge about the firmware?

Or am I better just buying a whole new LG BH16NS55 drive and leave it stock firmware for dvdfab only.

Thanks Brendon
MartyMcNuts

Re: BH16NS55 libre firmware not working with dvdfab

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Stalyoni wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:48 am
Hey guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not allowed then please delete it and my bad. But here it goes.

I purchased a preflased(libre) BH16NS55 drive from the one and only MartyMcNutz.
I've been trying to make straight 1 to 1 iso copy imagines off a few genuine 4k blurays that I have in dvdfab but it always winges about the firmware on my drive.

Is there a way to by pass this or flash another firmware that still has libre functionality as well as being able to rip fill 4k iso images with DVDfab having a winge about the firmware?

Or am I better just buying a whole new LG BH16NS55 drive and leave it stock firmware for dvdfab only.

Thanks Brendon
Most MK firmware versions do not work with DVDFab. If you wanted to use DVDFab, you should have specified this and/or selected a non MK firmware when purchasing.

You do have a couple of options:

1. Use MakeMKV and Imgburn to create your ISO's.
2. Flash to a non MK firmware, such as DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02 (still LibreDrive enabled) for use with DVDFab.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

Ok thanks so much for the reply. Does your one use flashing service allow me to flash this firmware to the drive? Don't really want to brick the drive. If not I think I'll just buy another Bluray drive as there only $89 AUD and would make my life allot easier anyways.

Thanks
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

ripping birds of prey 4k disc with imgburn as we speak. Ill see how it turns out once its done.

thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Stalyoni wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:21 am
Ok thanks so much for the reply. Does your one use flashing service allow me to flash this firmware to the drive? Don't really want to brick the drive. If not I think I'll just buy another Bluray drive as there only $89 AUD and would make my life allot easier anyways.

Thanks
Yes it does.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Stalyoni wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:44 am
ripping birds of prey 4k disc with imgburn as we speak. Ill see how it turns out once its done.

thanks
i think he means rip it as a folder in makemkv then make an iso with img burn
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:17 am
Stalyoni wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:44 am

thanks
i think he means rip it as a folder in makemkv then make an iso with img burn
yeah the iso i just made of birds of prey with imgburn wont play in powerdvd or vlc. I sortta get the menus come up but not the picture of the movie. I think ill stop messing around and just flash it with McMartys one time use flash program thing. Its only $25 and will save me allot of hassle
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

I just re patched it with McMartys one time flasher thing.

I think dvdfab has stopped winging about the firmware now though. Ill try and rip birds of prey again now in dvdfab and see what happens.
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

i just made a 57gb birds of prey iso with dvdfab and it works just as good as the original disc

thanks everyone for all your help

Brendon
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

ok having allot of trouble burning the 25gb iso i made in dvdfab and then burning it with imgburn and it wont read in anything I try and play it on now.

Also having dramas with the drive now and sometimes it wont even open when I want it to. I have to reboot the pc to get it to open sometimes. Dont know whats going on as I used the proper one time flasher on McMartys website and paid the $25 but now the drives having issues.

Any help would be great here guys please.

Brendon
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Stalyoni wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:22 pm
ok having allot of trouble burning the 25gb iso i made in dvdfab and then burning it with imgburn and it wont read in anything I try and play it on now.

Also having dramas with the drive now and sometimes it wont even open when I want it to. I have to reboot the pc to get it to open sometimes. Dont know whats going on as I used the proper one time flasher on McMartys website and paid the $25 but now the drives having issues.

Any help would be great here guys please.

Brendon
You have to remember that's exactly what the movie company are trying to stop making copy discs most official players know its a burned disc and won't want to play it.

That can happen when your swapping rippers back and forth depending on your sata controller nothing to do with Marty's stuff
They all think they are the exclusive one accessing and modifying the drives microcode and if they both do so at the wrong time the drive needs a reboot nothing to worry about.
I personally recommend makemkv over dvdfab seems to cause less issues.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

ok so I found that gui flasher program on here and all the files in a zip and rebooted to windows 10 and reflashed the drive myself and it seems to burn the images fine and plays on my sony 4k bluray player as well as my xbox series x but not in HDR but ill figure that out laters. At least now I can do what I set out to do in the first place.

I think when I did that single flasher thing that I paid $25 for from McMartys I was in windows 11 when I flashed it. Not sure if that made a difference. But the drive seems to be working ok now I flashed it myself with all the files found on these forums.

Any ideas how to burn the isos to a 25gb bluray with HDR enabled now in dvdfab and imgburn?

Thanks

Brendon
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Stalyoni wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:53 am
ok so I found that gui flasher program on here and all the files in a zip and rebooted to windows 10 and reflashed the drive myself and it seems to burn the images fine and plays on my sony 4k bluray player as well as my xbox series x but not in HDR but ill figure that out laters. At least now I can do what I set out to do in the first place.

I think when I did that single flasher thing that I paid $25 for from McMartys I was in windows 11 when I flashed it. Not sure if that made a difference. But the drive seems to be working ok now I flashed it myself with all the files found on these forums.

Any ideas how to burn the isos to a 25gb bluray with HDR enabled now in dvdfab and imgburn?

Thanks

Brendon
As @Billycar11 already said, most players probably won't play a backup disc as they can be recognised as such. Uugh... ISO's are so 2005... LOL. You are far better off forgetting about ISO's and instead, rip the main movie to MKV file and storing on hard drive or NAS storage for streaming to your player.
Stalyoni

Post by Stalyoni »

Whole point of this excercise is to burn a 1 to 1 copy of my 4k blurays onto a 25gb Bluray. I like having blurays as all I have to do is stick in my player and sit back and enjoy. I'm old school. Hard drives fail and a Bluray will far out live a hard drive if treated well. At least I will have 4k Bluray backups of all the 4k movies I got back on the black friday sales.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Stalyoni wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:36 am
Whole point of this excercise is to burn a 1 to 1 copy of my 4k blurays onto a 25gb Bluray.
Every 4k movie I have, just the movie is larger than 25GB. Lots of them are larger than 50GB. Lots of my regular 1080p blu-rays have movies larger than 25GB.

I think you'll have to shrink your movies to get them to fit on a single layer, 25GB blu-ray disc. That would appear to be in conflict with your desire for a 1:1 copy.