Trying to flash a BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.01 drive on OS Ventura?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
iiayva?

Re: Trying to flash a BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.01 drive on OS Ventura?

Post by iiayva? »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 pm
iiayva? wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:29 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:40 pm

yes there are unencrypted commands there to use.
Thanks, though I'm a bit confused about the video linked below the Mac section as it seems to be for PCs.

I only ask because I have no idea how to use Terminal so I don't want to fiddle around without seeing someone else visually demonstrate what to do.

Is there a video for Macintosh computers that I am not seeing?
no sorry dont have a mac to make a video for it

maybe just return your drive and buy a preflashed one then i and others offer them
Thank you very much for the offer but I'm afraid I can't return it as I bought it over a year ago. I guess I'll try to figure it out myself unless anyone else on here has any other advice.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

iiayva? wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
iiayva? wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:29 pm

Thanks, though I'm a bit confused about the video linked below the Mac section as it seems to be for PCs.

I only ask because I have no idea how to use Terminal so I don't want to fiddle around without seeing someone else visually demonstrate what to do.

Is there a video for Macintosh computers that I am not seeing?

maybe just return your drive and buy a preflashed one then i and others offer them
Thank you very much for the offer but I'm afraid I can't return it as I bought it over a year ago. I guess I'll try to figure it out myself unless anyone else on here has any other advice.
Ask a friend/relative with a windows PC if they could flash the drive for you.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
iiayva?

Post by iiayva? »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:53 am
iiayva? wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm
Billycar11 wrote:

Ask a friend/relative with a windows PC if they could flash the drive for you.
Thanks! I'll see if I can.

And hopefully, on a PC, all I'd have to do would be to plug in the drive and just use the SDFtool Flasher, right?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Yeah, the SDFTool Flasher would work on a PC.

The Macintosh commands are below the PC commands in the "How To Flash Videos and commands:" section in UHD Drives Guide post.

The process looks scarier than it actually is, but in this case the simpler point-and-click option is on a PC.