Looney Tunes Golden Collection R1 DVDs, CSS reading issues

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
SMD88

Looney Tunes Golden Collection R1 DVDs, CSS reading issues

Post by SMD88 »

I received today, Vol.1-6 of the above LT Golden Collection, 1st press, R1.

I started on Vol.6 because 1-5 are in a box and 6 is seperate, so it was easier to start there. On the first disc, Make MKV got stuck at the end scanning the CSS sectors. Looking at an old thread, it seems to be an issue with Make MKV and the disc.

Any advice how to solve this? Can I send a log to hopefully have the issue fixed? Waiting an hour per disc will be a nightmare!

Here I thought "it's only DVDs, should be a lot faster than the Platinum and other LT BDs!".
Ezatoka

Re: Looney Tunes Golden Collection R1 DVDs, CSS reading issues

Post by Ezatoka »

Hmmm been a while, and maybe my collection is different than yours but I don't remember any problems.

I made CSS free backups of all my discs:
(https://i.imgur.com/yCD3zFa.png if the picture doesn't load)

Besides: in my box are all six volumes. It looks like this one here:
(https://pics.videospace.fi/md-release-4 ... 1-832.jpeg if the picture doesn't load)
SMD88

Post by SMD88 »

Ahhh, you have the UK set. They are probably free from the awful encryption the US ones have.

I did manage to go through and do all 4 discs of Vol.6, just took a while to read them before I could rip. I went back to Disc 1 and re-ripped it s I realised that the extras were missing which is what the CSS thing stops it seems. If I were to cancel it when it got to the CSS reading phase, the list would pop up, but it would hide the extras.

Once I realised Bugs in King Arthur's Court was missing, I had to re-do it! Good news is that it looks like once it reads it once, it will breeze through if needed to be read again. I will just do a set a night, lol. I would have bought the UK set but I was worried about PAL conversion quality and the missing episodes on Vol.4 sealed it for me.
Motograter76

Post by Motograter76 »

Ezatoka wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:41 pm
Hmmm been a while, and maybe my collection is different than yours but I don't remember any problems.

Where can i download the collection ? Desperately looking for these collection.