Picked up 20 x Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drives

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
massmodz

Picked up 20 x Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drives

Post by massmodz »

Check out what firmware they all came with :)
https://ibb.co/J3qmZKF
https://ibb.co/qJ9MTyW

Prolly gonna pick up alot more. For the sake of having it, how would I extract the firmware to save on the HDD?

Thoughts on this particular drive is they are VERY WELL MADE. High quality external drives. My advice to anyone that's looking to find that "diamond in the rough" firmware, ask sellers on ebay or Amazon the manufacture date on the side of the box, most of the time they are willing to check because they want to make the sale. If it's January 2022 then you'll get the firmware your looking for. It's honestly better imho than paying almost $100 more to someone else ::cough cough::... Yeah, it requires a little legwork to find a seller, but once you do you can save yourself some $$ instead of paying someone just for having that particular firmware... And odds are they have alot more of that particular drive.

If anyone of you guys is familiar with USBJTAG that community of people focuses on sharing information as opposed to consolidating knowledge for a very few select people to know. It would be nice to see this site shift towards a more decentralized information base as opposed to hogging all the glory. Just an idea. How long has everyone at MAKEMKV been waiting for a Pioneer solution? Exactly my point. Alot more progress would be made if ideas are shared within the community instead of hogged for select few people. Maybe I'm biased, who knows.
northportio

Re: Picked up 20 x Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD Drives

Post by northportio »

Can you point to a seller?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

northportio wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:43 pm
Can you point to a seller?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387

We can supply this drive.

UHD Friendly Drives Team

Hayley :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
northportio

Post by northportio »

Can you tell me what the difference between the XS07UHD & XS07TUHD? Also, are these for the USA or only UK/EU region?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

northportio wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:41 pm
Can you tell me what the difference between the XS07UHD & XS07TUHD? Also, are these for the USA or only UK/EU region?
This is the item we supply. We don't know about the other item you mentioned.

https://pioneer-blurayodd.eu/products/b ... /index.php

UHD Friendly Drive Team

Clare
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
massmodz

Post by massmodz »

@northportio

Look for a seller selling XS07UHD who's username starts with rp714. To answer your question, the XS07TUHD is from EU, XS07UHD is USA. I believe there is another model from Japan or Asia, but relative to one another the firmware function should be the same.

You'll pay the same as you would without the overpriced markup from people advertising their products here. Nobody wants to pay $100 extra, and why should you?

The problem I have with some people here, albeit they are trusted members, they will give you an unsolicited sales pitch when asking general questions unrelated to purchasing a drive... Not to sound harsh, but it's overbearing and ultimately defeats the purpose of having a discussion about the topic at hand.

It's not enough that they already advertise in the bottom of every post. You have overpriced drives for sale!? Good for you, I didn't ask!

Prime example is the post from the guy right above me... I don't know about the question you asked, but here's a list of products I SELL!
Romano2K

Post by Romano2K »

Hi massmodz!
Would you sell me one of your XS07UHD drives?
Let me know!