Pioneer BDR-S13

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
CalicoSkies

Pioneer BDR-S13

Post by CalicoSkies »

I currently have a LG WH16NS40, which has generally been fairly good for ripping, but recently I bought The Abyss 4K and have had trouble ripping the extended version, as it fails toward the end. There's a discussion on here about it, and several posts have mentioned it might be a 3-layer disc and that some drives might have a problem with that. A few posts mentioned the Pioneer BDR-S13 being able to successfully rip the disc. If that's the case, I'm curious about buying one of those drives. I've noticed there are a few models, and if I buy one, is it easy to downgrade the firmware if needed? Also, it seems like it's hard to find a BDR-S13 now, and some of the models are a bit expensive, toward $300..
SamuriHL

Re: Pioneer BDR-S13

Post by SamuriHL »

The firmware can't be downgraded at present. So buying one on the open market is a very bad idea if you intend to use it for ripping UHD's.

viewforum.php?f=20

Go there and look for a seller in your region. They should have them in stock with the proper firmware.
CalicoSkies

Re: Pioneer BDR-S13

Post by CalicoSkies »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:22 am
The firmware can't be downgraded at present. So buying one on the open market is a very bad idea if you intend to use it for ripping UHD's.

viewforum.php?f=20

Go there and look for a seller in your region. They should have them in stock with the proper firmware.
Thanks.