LG BP50NB40 dead after 5 months

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
DaveRZ

LG BP50NB40 dead after 5 months

Post by DaveRZ »

Any advice on reviving an LG BP50NB40 that is no longer recognized when plugged in to USB? I've tried multiple PCs, multiple USB cables, same result - nothing shows up on the PC. The drive powers up and will eject, but the PC has zero acknowledgement that anything is plugged in, not even an "unknown device" in device manager.

I bought the drive in November, flashed it, and have used it to rip 30-40 discs. Turned everything on this morning to rip a few more and nada.

I'm still well within the 1 year warranty (drive sticker says manufactured 9/7/2023), but I assume that my warranty ended when I flashed the drive.

Huge thank you to this forum for years of helpful hints! Yes, I've purchased a key - money well spent!

Dave
MartyMcNuts

Re: LG BP50NB40 dead after 5 months

Post by MartyMcNuts »

DaveRZ wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:42 pm
Any advice on reviving an LG BP50NB40 that is no longer recognized when plugged in to USB? I've tried multiple PCs, multiple USB cables, same result - nothing shows up on the PC. The drive powers up and will eject, but the PC has zero acknowledgement that anything is plugged in, not even an "unknown device" in device manager.

I bought the drive in November, flashed it, and have used it to rip 30-40 discs. Turned everything on this morning to rip a few more and nada.

I'm still well within the 1 year warranty (drive sticker says manufactured 9/7/2023), but I assume that my warranty ended when I flashed the drive.

Huge thank you to this forum for years of helpful hints! Yes, I've purchased a key - money well spent!

Dave
Flash it back and return it??

These days if they last a year you are doing well!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com