Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
gadgetnut

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no errors& Makemkv Discount $10 o

Post by gadgetnut »

Another happy customer here. Prompt and courteous communication, and a smooth transaction.

Purchased a Pioneer BDR-S13UBK to replace an old Blu-Ray drive. Dropped the Pioneer drive into a Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX USB 3.0 xxternal enclosure and connected to my M2 Mac Mini. Plug and play right out of the box ease with no fuss. Several rips in, the new drive runs smooth and quietly.

Very pleased, recommended.

Thanks!
NurseWizzle

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested no errors& Makemkv Discount $10 o

Post by NurseWizzle »

What's the best option if I'm just looking for a drive without the USB enclosure? I'm looking at putting it in my 5.25" bay.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

NurseWizzle wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:07 am
What's the best option if I'm just looking for a drive without the USB enclosure? I'm looking at putting it in my 5.25" bay.
s13 ubk the only 5.25 drive i sell
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Wayne66

Post by Wayne66 »

I need to apologize to Billy Carlson for taking so long to post a review of my interactions with him as life got in the way.

I began communicating with him in March 2023 about problems with my Pioneer BD-RW BDR-XD08U not working after an update from Pioneer. I purchased the drive directly from Amazon.

After much troubleshooting with him, I decided to purchase a drive, a Pioneer BDR-XS07S, directly from him. The drive was ordered on June 1, 2023, and I received the drive on June 5, 2023, but as I was temporarily in the United States it took until June 23rd before I returned to my foreign residence and got to install the drive and purchase MakeMKV.

Everything worked perfectly. I have ripped over 58 DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K discs without any problems.

Comments about working with him.

• a pleasure to work with
• very responsive to any questions
• easy transactions
• works quickly and efficiently
• very conscientious about keeping you informed
• quick turnaround
• responsive to any questions after sale

I will purchase from him again and recommend his services.
shikataganai

Post by shikataganai »

Another satisfied customer here. Billy shipped the drive in question quickly and it appears to work with MakeMKV just as promised.

BDR-XS07U, Firmware date: 2020-09-03, Firmware version: 1.01/ID05. LibreDrive… Enabled. (Contrast this with the BDR-XS07 I got from Amazon and subsequently returned to them, which showed firmware date 2023-01-06, version 1.03, LibreDrive only Possible, not yet enabled.)

On my M2 MacBook Pro the process is apparently drive limited, not CPU limited: on larger .m2ts files reading right at 17.1 M/s (4.0x) consistently and smoothly. Took a restart and a second try for MakeMKV to recognize the disc but once past that it's working. This disc is a 4K UHD one, for the record.
MakeMKV v1.17.4 darwin(arm64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS07U 1.01 AGDL006581UCd" opened in OS access mode.
Using LibreDrive mode (v01.0 id=1534D764B687)
Backing up disc into folder "/Users/[username]/Movies/backup/WESTWORLD_SEASON1_DISC1"
Downloading latest HK to /Users/[username]/Library/MakeMKV ...
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
andrewa

Post by andrewa »

Just reporting my experience as well: my Pioneer drive arrived today, just a few days after purchasing, and everything works as advertised. Very happy customer. Thanks!

-andrew
fitzgepx1

Post by fitzgepx1 »

For those who are still interested. Billy got me the flash for my LG drive and it has worked perfectly. I highly recommened his services.
TimC4711

Post by TimC4711 »

Hi Billy,

I just found this topic on the forum. You sell UHD external drives that I can burn to MKV?

Tim
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

TimC4711 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:55 pm
Hi Billy,

I just found this topic on the forum. You sell UHD external drives that I can burn to MKV?

Tim
Yes tim your can rip them mkv email me for details
Darth Khan

Post by Darth Khan »

Several months ago, I purchased a flashed LG drive from Billy. The item was reasonably priced and arrived quickly in the mail. The seller provided a tracking number and communicated with me throughout the shipping process. Using the new drive, I was able to make MKV files from my entire collection of DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K discs. I highly recommend Billy's services to anyone looking to purchase a quality drive.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Hi Everyone,

have some news about the usb pioneers if you want a USB pioneer xs07 that does UHD now is the time these are the last ones in the usa that can be flashed i wont be able to offer these soon once this batch runs out
as there is no way to flash the new pioneer firmware currently.
this may change but buy now if you have been waiting

update 9/21/23 the xs07's are gone for now sorry for this everyone i still highly recommend the pioneers over the LGs.

Thanks,
Billy
Last edited by Billycar11 on Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
drpizznock

Post by drpizznock »

Another happy customer.

Place the order on Monday. It was painless and shipped quickly. It was well packed for shipment and the arrived today as expected. The drive plugged right in and worked immediately with MakeMKV.

Thank you Billycar11!
TK-24601

Post by TK-24601 »

Billy, do you know if there are any external enclosures compatable with the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK or S13U-X drives? These should be compatiable with the OWC Mercury Pro enclosure? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons between the two drives....
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

TK-24601 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:44 pm
Billy, do you know if there are any external enclosures compatable with the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK or S13U-X drives? These should be compatiable with the OWC Mercury Pro enclosure? I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons between the two drives....
Yes the vantecs work with the pioneer drives
Owc is to small as listed in the guide
DavidK44

Post by DavidK44 »

Posting to add another satisfied-customer recommendation. I purchased a Pioneer xs07 from Billy last week. The drive arrived quickly, and it recognized UHD 4K discs without a problem. Very satisfied with my experience and purchase - highly recommended!