For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
DavidUnboxed

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by DavidUnboxed »

Kudos to Alex for great service via email and an excellent product. I'm a bit exacting when it comes to Q&A before I make any purchase and Alex had the patience to answer every question. Even more important - Alex's answers reflect the integrity of a person who cares to have 'satisfied customers' or than to 'make the sale'.

I ordered the 9.5mm Slim Sized LG BU40N Optical Drive /w LibreDrive Mod in a Vantec Slim Optical Drive Sata > USB Enclosure. The drive is physically compact, and the case feels solid. This is a great formfactor for a drive that I will take on the road to help family achieve their works and for occasional use when I need to read an optical disk for software/OS installs and/or medical images. FYI: the included cable will use two USB ports to provide the drive sufficient power.

As far as performance - I'm using the drive on my laptop: System 76 Serval Workstation Gen 11. This runs the Intel i7 8086k at 4Ghz - six cores / twelve threads, 64 GB of DDR4, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (the full desktop card), and Windows 10 Pro latest bits. The drive will clearly work with less powerful PC hardware - this should be getting the most performance possible out of the drive.

BD+, 2h 42min: all tracks including tiny ones, 42817.5M - took 37 min 4 second, with ripping predominantly at 3-5x, and bursts reaching 6.1x. I confirmed the Libre Drive mode was available. So far I've ripped a dozen disks in my collection and see similar performance - as expected.

Excellent drive and firmware setup at a great price.

-
David Taylor, CISSP CEH
Microsoft Alumni
Gulf War Veteran
omnivoyager

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by omnivoyager »

After reviewing a few different vendors on these forums, I decided to go with Alex and purchase the LG WH16NS60 mounted in the OWC Mercury Pro full-sized optical drive enclosure. Not only did the drive arrive quickly and in great packaging, everything worked exactly as described. He was extremely helpful in leading me through ripping my first UHD Blue Ray and always made sure to follow up with me to see how my purchase was going.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Thank you Alex!
stegenga

Post by stegenga »

I 'had' an LG drive... flashed it... toasted it... Didn't read fine print in the guide, it was too old!

As I now needed a new drive, I contacted several posters here w/pre-flashed drives. After initial inquiries, Alex was the only one with a timely response with what he could do. Helped steer my decision between LG and ASUS. Ordering, shipping, payment, delivery went flawlessly. Very well packaged! Installed drive yesterday. Ripping away. Burning to follow.

Thanks Alex!
Hey_Its_me

Post by Hey_Its_me »

Received my drive yesterday. LG WH16NS60 in a Vantec enclosure. Works like a charm.

Thanks!

Edit: Changed drive name.
Maverick567

Post by Maverick567 »

Hi, I have emailed Alex 5 days ago with no reply? Is he still working?
brawlman

Post by brawlman »

Maverick567 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:11 am
Hi, I have emailed Alex 5 days ago with no reply? Is he still working?
I last emailed Alex on 9/17 and he replied back a couple days later stating he was really sick. I've emailed again on 9/25/20 and still haven't heard from him...
Hoping he's ok...
I purchased from Alex (2) Asus BW-16D1HT, one installed installed into a Vantec NexStar DX external enclosure. The Asus installed into the Vantec enclosure was recognized only once on my laptop after a cold start but after the laptop froze running makemkv I've not been able to have it recognized on the laptop by (no errors, Win10 Home 64bit)-
1) device mgr
2) disc management
3) cold start
4) have not tried safe mode...

What I have tried was (running in regular win7 pro mode)
1) try on my PC running win7 pro 64bit (didn't recognize
Asus in Vantec enclosure with no errors in #1or2 above)
2) removed from Vantec enclosure and installed into 5.25 Bay, win 7 pro 64bit (recognized in disc management, and in makemkv but didn't recognize cleaned disc of Star Trek Into Darkness in drive...?
3) tried the same disc #2 in the Asus drive that had been working and now that drive doesn't see the disc...?
4) since the Asus that was in the Vantec enclosure didn't work, I might try another usb 3 cable to verify cable issue

All in all I'm at a lost and any help is appreciated...
Griff.Ferrell

Post by Griff.Ferrell »

I contacted Alex last Friday -- 9/25/2020 and he responded very quickly. He created the USPS tracking number Sunday and I paid that day.

Very great response, quick to answer questions. The package hasn't hit the USPS yet (Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item), but hope it gets here as quick as Alex responded
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

I'm here!! I'm healthy (for today at least :-)

Buried in emails as usual and Gmail likes to randomly put them in folders OTHER than the primary.

I pride myself on returning emails so if you DON'T hear back from me send me ANOTHER one with different subject line like HEY DUDE PLEASE REPLY. Capital letters work well. I'm emptying my inbox tonight so I'll be up for a bit...

And THANK YOU for all the nice reviews I'm working my tail off here!!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Griff.Ferrell

Post by Griff.Ferrell »

Got the ASUS today (a day early!)

Pulled an old LG BD, and installed the ASUS

Using MakeMKV with the drive right now.

Success :D

Thank you Alex
Lpyot

Post by Lpyot »

I've gotten in contact with Alex per mail, and although we operate in vastly different time zones it was a pleasant experience.
Unfortunately, he got sick right after posting my package, so I didn't get a tracking number, but instead a nice surprise parcel with the drive in it a couple days later :D

I of course tested the LG BU40N soon after with some import discs, and it all worked as expected.

Thank you for saving me trouble and time!
GregoryV

Post by GregoryV »

I just wanted to let everyone here know how wonderful and easy it was to work with Alex. I ordered the Asus in a Vantech enclosure and it was shipped incredibly quick.

Upon receipt we had some issues with the drive not being recognized. I pulled the drive and hardwired it into the pc and if functioned flawlessly. I contacted Alex about the issue and he sent me an OWC enclosure immediately without paying the price difference up front. I installed the drive in the enclosure and it works perfectly with DvdFab and MakeMKV which is what I requested.

If you are looking for service above and beyond Alex definitely fits the bill. His prices are great considering the removal of any headaches and the time saved. Thank you Alex!
vhsbutt

Post by vhsbutt »

What can be said that hasn't already been said?

Can confirm the following:

Alex is indeed a great guy.
The packaging is also indeed great.
The shipping was also also indeed great and fast.
The drive itself is also also also indeed great just as I had hoped.
Rips my 4KUHD with no probs. AND it looks fantastic in the OWC case.

All in all a pleasurable experience.
If I should ever need another one I'll definitely hit up Alex.
floof.stewlker

Post by floof.stewlker »

I got the LG WH16NS60 in a Vantec enclosure from Alex. Great price, great service, shipping was awesome too. Always got back to me via email and shipped fast. Very easy to work with.

Thanks again, Alex!
dantebbs

Post by dantebbs »

Just wanted to report a happy experience:

Last week I ordered the LG WH16NS60 - "UHD Official" and the Vantec NexStar DX (black). The build arrived promptly, properly packaged, and ready to go. I have tested it on both Windows and Linux and it is working beautifully. Thank you Alex! :D :D :D
tmo1138

Post by tmo1138 »

Just want to add my voice of support for Alex. I had my LG WH16NS40 starting to flake out. And found this discussion about Alex and his selling of pre-flashed drives here. After chatting for a bit about my needs he suggested the ASUS BW-16D1HT.

I am NOT disappointed. Alex was fast in shipping, reliable, great with communicating back to me and now I see 20-30M/s rip speeds on Blu-Ray discs, and better reliability than I had previously.

Totally worth the money to not have to try to figure out how to patch and deal with this stuff myself.

Thanks Alex! It was a genuine pleasure doing business with you!