For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Microburn

Re: The Original "UHD Friendly Drive" Supplier - at your service.

Post by Microburn »

Thank you Alex the Asus drive I bought from you works fantastic and I got it in two days your a very nice person to deal with.

Thanks again!! :D
mgrobins

Post by mgrobins »

Alex are you still putting out these units? I'm in Australia so not sure if I should just grab one and flash it myself.... I'm tech savvy but a known working solution is nice to have :).

I'll e-mail you....
Emy78

Post by Emy78 »

Alex, are you still selling the Asus drive by any chance?
I might be interested in buying it from you, as I have only a laptop, and so far I haven't found any Amazon/eBay sellers that sell the Asus drive with the 3.01/3.02 firmware.
I already have the enclosure. I just need the drive. Will you ship to Italy? How much are you asking for just the drive + shipping?
Let me know, please.
Thank you!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Apparently MakeMKV users are widely distributed - last night I picked up an Asus at the Chicago-area Fry's, and it had already been opened, tested, found to have v3.03 firmware, and returned... with a worn/scratched DVD in it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Emy78

Post by Emy78 »

Yeah.
Trying to find a working Asus drive with firmware 3.01 is more hard than it was finding a FAT PS3 with the correct firmware to install SACD-Ripper to backup SACD discs, at least for me. It's like really trying to find a needle in an hairstack.
Seems like most retailers are only getting stocks of the newly produced drives and are getting rid of the old ones that were produced last year.
ortegam

Post by ortegam »

Thanks Alex for the amazing LG drive! I originally wanted an Asus drive but being that LG is sold for cheaper and Alex personally guaranteed that it worked the same I went with it. He was right I've had it for a while now and it works amazingly.

Alex is a really cool dude willing to work with the customer to find a good price that works! Thanks again, I will definitely contact you again when I need another drive. :D
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Apparently MakeMKV users are widely distributed - last night I picked up an Asus at the Chicago-area Fry's, and it had already been opened, tested, found to have v3.03 firmware, and returned... with a worn/scratched DVD in it.
Very funny that was not me. Where's the Fry's in Chicago? I thought the closest was Indiana.

Though I recently did repurchase a drive i'd owned, returned, then bought again only to power it up and find my missing Planet Earth II disc 2 inside the drive. That was damn funny.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Downers Grove IL, near the junction of I355 and I88, a few miles from the Westmont Microcenter.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorick

Post by yorick »

Just got two drives, one Asus, one cross-flashed LG. They arrived quickly and well-packaged. Communication was swift, the entire thing completely painless. How does one say on the ebays? Amultiplusplusplus seller, would do business again.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

I appreciate the kind words. I've got a decent amount of stock right now and would love to get you a drive. Please make sure to buy a license for the makemkv software. As far as I understand it the makemkv team consists of one developer and that man deserves to be paid for his work!
justLearning

Post by justLearning »

Thanks Alex.

you made this easy to get up on makemkv with 4k on this LG drive.

for as little as you charged over what it would have cost me, this was a cake walk.

got the drive and ran my first uhd disk through makemkv using v1.14.1 and got impressive throughput.

it was avengers infinity war, runtime of 149mins and it backed up in about 43mins which is about 3.4x for the entire backup.
towards the middle of the copy the drive showed 8.1x transfer rate ... nice.

my wife, not being use to how delicate 4k movies are, damaged our first disk, so first thing I wanted to do was get a backup of this one ! <grin>.

thanks again alex !
Attachments
makemkv avengers 4k end.png
makemkv avengers 4k end.png (973.25 KiB) Viewed 31950 times
makemkv avengers 4k 7.8.png
makemkv avengers 4k 7.8.png (968.82 KiB) Viewed 31950 times
jbrechbuhl

Post by jbrechbuhl »

Thank you, Alex.

I had managed to kill, the first drive that I downgraded to be “UHD Friendly”. I’m glad that you are able, to provide this service at such a reasonable cost. The whole transaction went very smoothly, and communication was also very quick. I will keep you in mind, when I’m in the market for a second drive.

The drive I received was an LG drive, cross flashed with ASUS firmware. The drive has worked flawlessly so far and has reached speeds of a little over 7x.

Thanks again.

jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Thank you for the shout out.
I know I’m behind with a few people and will not be sleeping until all requests have been filled.
Neoridium

Post by Neoridium »

Hi,

Are you able to send to Australia, very keen for one of these drives. thanks in advance.

Neo
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Neoridium wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 pm
Hi,

Are you able to send to Australia, very keen for one of these drives. thanks in advance.

Neo
Absolutely yes, i PM'd you and my email address is alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com