For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
golobulus

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly" and "Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshooting)

Post by golobulus »

Just posting as another satisfied customer! Everything went very smoothly and the drive was received very quickly and has worked great! This process was very easy and I can definitely recommend Alex's superb customer service.
roflmaonowhow

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly" and "Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshooting)

Post by roflmaonowhow »

Bought the official LG 4K drive "WH16NS60" from Alex and couldn't be happier.

This drive is amazing. I've ripped like four 4k discs so far and they were super fast. I ripped Apocalypse Now which was an 88 GB file in less than an hour!

I even ripped a regular bluray and that 30 GB file only took 20 mins! Such a huge change from my super old Asus drive ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

Its supposed to be 12x but I never was able to get speeds over 2x

I've seen this new LG reach up to 8.x speeds so far and am excited to see what discs can go up to 12x!

Thanks Alex for the drive! If you're into ripping a lot and collecting so many boxsets as me it is completely worth it!

I should add that Alex is super cool to deal with, he was very upfront on costs, delays and answered every one of my stupid questions almost right away. Pleasure doing business with him.
BritJL

Post by BritJL »

Despite a 9-hour time difference between us, Alex really went the extra mile to help me get my LG-fitted OWC Mercury Pro LibreDrive accessible and speedy, with a remote firmware flash process explained in terms even I could understand.
Heartily recommend Alex... he's the man. :D
Fast Fizzy

Post by Fast Fizzy »

I ordered the LG WH16NS60 drive from Alex configured in the Vantec external case connected via USB 3.0.

I have been using a Panasonic slim internal in a 3 year-old HP desktop. The Panasonic has recently stopped reading most burned BD50s all the way through. I have also begun putting my favorite UHD discs on harddrives connected to an Oppo UDP-203 (plays full folder structure) for a "quick access" digital library. The LG drive has made my life so much easier.

First off, this thing is by far the fastest drive I have ever used. With a combination of MakeMKV and AnyDVD HD, I've been able to rip everything I want, and do it every quickly. Set up out of the box was, literally, plugging into a USB 3.0 port.

Alex provided about the best customer service I have encountered in many years of online buying. Shipping was Priority Mail fast and the drive was very securely packed. With the ability to use Apple Pay, this was the easiest transaction since Amazon Prime.

Highly recommended.

Robert "Fast Fizzy"
violaian

Post by violaian »

Well, I can say, I'm another happy customer. Alex was extremely friendly and professional. I ordered the WH16NS60, and this thing is ripping like a champ, even tearing through disks my old drive had errors reading. I can't say enough good about this service, just that it is absolutely worth the time and price.
djix456

Post by djix456 »

Great service - emailed with Alex, who is very friendly and offered good advice. Settled on a LG BU40N in a Vantec external USB case. Works like a dream! Highly recommended.
Franky3

Post by Franky3 »

I’d like to add my thanks to Alex as well. I’m pretty tech savvy but haven’t really paid attention to drives and requirements and figured I’d save myself some hassle and go with Alex. Good choice.

After describing my expected usage pattern Alex suggested an ASUS BW-16D1HT and answered a number of questions for me. After a few days of working with it I decided to turn to Alex again and get an LG WH16NS60 drive (since I had more 4K discs than I originally thought). Both are in the Vantec NexStar DX enclosures which are solid and stack perfectly.

Alex was responsive and the drives were shipped promptly and well packaged by Priority Mail. I’m sure I could have done this myself and saved a few bucks but the convenience having two great Libre drives delivered to my door ready to plug and rip.

If I decide to get more drives for my project (which is larger than I thought it was going to be) I’ll absolutely go to Alex again.
JasonHB

Post by JasonHB »

HI Alex

I have sent you an email, and texted you,but I guess you are a busy guy.

I need a UHD BD drive for makemkv, I have been told I need it to be crossflashed and without the sleep bug, I assume you know what that means lol

If you could let me know pricing and delivery costs to the UK please, I am keen to get one sorted out as soon as possible.

Just want it to be as straightforward as possible to rip discs for my media server.

Thanks in advance

Jason
danbolling

Post by danbolling »

I reached out to Alex via email based on this post. I bought a pre-flashed drive and enclosure. Works perfectly with my iMac on Catalina. Super happy with being able to make MKV files on Blu-ray discs and non-region-1 DVDs.

His responses were quick and informative. I very highly recommend buying from him if you in the market for a high-end quality optical drive.

-- Dan
snevig

Post by snevig »

Add me to Alex’s list of satisfied customers. Alex is a pleasure to work with, extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. I was new to MakeMKV and ripping Blu-rays and had a ton of questions. I’ve used Handbrake for many years to rip DVDs to my portable devices (Nintendo DS, flip phones, etc.). I recently purchased a NAS and ripped my favorite DVDs to it, and was now looking to do the same for my Blu-rays.

Alex very patiently answered all my questions and provided me with the info I needed to select the right drive for me. I originally chose the ASUS BW-16D1HT in an OWC Mercury Pro enclosure based on my need to rip Blu-rays (I had no 4K UHD discs at the time) and due to the extra QC that the ASUS drive gets, but then later changed to the LG WH16NS60 drive with the same enclosure due to its native 4K UHD support. In the time between changing my mind I decided that I wanted to add 4K UHD discs to my library. It also didn’t hurt that Alex offered the LG at a price that was just a little more than the ASUS. I made my final selection on July 3rd, got an invoice and arranged payment the same day, then received the drive in the mail on or around the 6th.

Build quality of the LG WH16NS60 drive is very good, and the OWC Mercury Pro enclosure is built like a tank. The drive has worked flawlessly and I haven’t had an unreadable disc yet. So far I’ve ripped about 30 x Blu-rays and 6 x 4K UHD discs. 4 of the 6 x 4K UHD discs I recently purchased are used and had no issues. The few read errors I’ve had were easily corrected by cleaning the discs with a microfiber cloth.

Overall I’m very happy with Alex’s services, the LG drive + OWC enclosure and can highly recommend them all. Thank you Alex!
Last edited by snevig on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84lion

Post by 84lion »

Yet another very satisfied customer here to give kudos to Alex. I purchased the slim BU40 in the Vantec enclosure. I got it with a USB-C cable so that I can keep free a USB 3.0 port on my laptop.
As others have said, Alex is extremely friendly and professional, and kept me informed about everything. If you need a UHD-friendly/official drive, Alex is the person to go to!
papafresh

Post by papafresh »

Hello Everyone,

First time I'm repling here in this forum. Just wanted to say Thanks again to Alex. I received my LG WH16NS60 UHD Official drive fast (really fast), and he made the transaction very easy. I saw all the great replies in this post, and decided to also get in on such a great deal.

Alex was very professional and if I need another UHD drive I will definitely buy another one off him. I also bought a MakeMKV lifetime license to support such a great tool I use every day.

Thanks to everyone here in this forum, your posts and replies helped me make the right choice!

Another Satisfied Customer,
Jonathan
mrblobby

Re: Get your drives here! This thread is very much ALIVE! alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by mrblobby »

Another big thumbs up for Alex. :D :D

I'm a UK user and Alex advised me which drive to purchase in the UK and then sent me instructions on how to flash the drive to the correct version.

All went really smoothly and UHDs are currently being transferred to my Plex server...

Recommended if you need a drive in the UK
NickNickNick

Re: Get your drives here! This thread is very much ALIVE! alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by NickNickNick »

I bought the LG WH16NS60 w/ OWC Mercury Pro SATA to USB enclosure. I am very happy with my purchase, and was surprised by how quiet it is while running. It was awesome to just be able to buy it and have it work, even though I could have done it myself. This is my first 4k bluray drive.
steelerfan

Post by steelerfan »

Another happy customer... i'm also a repeat customer. Recently picked up a WH16NS60 & i couldn't be happier. Not sure when Alex sleeps b/c he's always so quick to respond to emails. Also not sure how he find the time to respond to all of our emails with the detailed explanation but i really appreciate it!!!!