For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
DrOct

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail - The *original* UHD "Friendly" Drive Seller - 4 drives on sale now!

Post by DrOct »

Just wanted to stop by and say how happy I was to work with Alex! He was fun to talk to and obviously works VERY hard at this. He walked me through my different options and helped me figure out the right drive for my situation. I'm very happy with the drive! It's fast and surprisingly quiet, and it's working perfectly! Highly recommend working with Alex!
V1x0r

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail *since April 2018 *Widest Selection *Best Service *Remote Flashing*

Post by V1x0r »

Excellent experience! Alex was much faster than I expected and was very knowledgeable. I strongly recommend him for these drives.

The package was wrapped securely and delivered very quickly. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
Mudmojo

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail *since April 2018 *Widest Selection *Best Service *Remote Flashing*

Post by Mudmojo »

Alex (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com)is good people :D . Excellent customer service! He helped me pick out just what i needed to backup my 4k library and answered a bunch of my questions along the way. Crazy fast processing & shipping. The external drive that was configured for my needs was plug & play ready with zero problems. I wasted a bunch of time trying to purchase and configure a few random drives myself before getting his help. I hardly every post on forums but his customer service was so good I felt obligated to make an account on www.makemkv.com and spread the word!

So if you want an easy way to rip & backup your 4k library, I would strongly recommend Alex (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com).
natethelen

Post by natethelen »

Great service, great product. Everything worked exactly as promised. Thank you!
coldfire05

Post by coldfire05 »

Gotta have the highest respect for this paizon, (Alex Coluzzi)!! I knew that after a great deal he did with me on a new drive, that he could offer some very helpful assistance in directing me to flash my LG drive. I had a few issues but they were quickly overcome thanks to his expertise!!

It is soooo easy to get lost in these threads, following what others say, trying to make cohesion out of the can of worms.
Cheers,
coldfire05
(Ant-knee)
mgoolsby

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail *Immediate Shipping* *Widest Selection* *Best Service* *Remote Flashing*

Post by mgoolsby »

Another satisfied customer as the process was extremely fast, easy and the drive is incredible. After dealing with another vendor and a not so satisfying outcome, Alex went out of his way to get me the solution that I was looking for! Don’t buy from anywhere else!
LeePA2003

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly/Official" Drive Sales and Service (remote flashing, etc.)

Post by LeePA2003 »

I am building a linux home server. I have enough to figure out being a linux noob. I finally found a case and mb combo I liked and would fit my needs. The mini-itx case actually had a 5.25 slot. Alex gave me advice on the best drive to put in it. Very easy to work with. Drive works great using MakeMKV docker and Handbrake. Thanks Alex!
Hifihedgehog

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly/Official" Drive Sales and Service (remote flashing, etc.)

Post by Hifihedgehog »

Is there any slot-loading slim UHD friendly drive in existence? I would happily snatch one up here for a Streacom F1C case if such a beast existed.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Hifihedgehog wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:54 pm
Is there any slot-loading slim UHD friendly drive in existence? I would happily snatch one up here for a Streacom F1C case if such a beast existed.
Unfortunately no that’s the one device that’s so far evaded us :-(
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Maca5631

Post by Maca5631 »

Hi Alex.

My first post so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.
I sent you an email on Wednesday of this week, just a few basic questions as 4K ripping is completely new to me.
As I haven't had a response (I appreciate things are a little complicated these days) I was wondering if you'd received it?
Kind regards, Ian
Grumpy Guy

ALEX COLUZZI FLASHED ME!

Post by Grumpy Guy »

Hello all.

Apologies if this post is not in its proper place.
I have to share an experience that after many hours of researching, led me to this point. This is a customer service story. The leading man is ALEX COLUZZI.
His information along with other comments are all over this forum.
But this is MY personal story about ALEX.

If you find yourself like me, having just enough knowledge to screw things up, but not to fix them, ALEX is your man. And being on certain pharmaceuticals doesn't help my learning process.

I had recently bought a new Dell XPS-8930 Windows 10 with 9th gen i7, 500gb SSD, 2TB HD, 16GB ram and fortunately an LG Slim Bluray drive model BU40N installed.
I had already installed makemkv and had successfully backed up most of my Bluray collection.

But leering at me from the corner of the room was a sizable stack of 4k UHD Blurays giving me the raspberries. Oh I dearly wanted to RIP those suckers too but alas, my drive was completely stock. I searched this forum, learned a bit, but became more confused the more I read.

The one constant in all the numerous postings was ALEX COLUZZI and stories of the wonders he has performed for many of my like minded peers out there.

I gather his information. Then called him on a Friday night, late. Left a message on his voicemail. Moments later a reply! He's currently occupied with family, understandable. He promises to call me in a little while. I figured Saturday. But per his message my phone rings. It's ALEX. He did call me. It's late. I don't care nor does he. We briefly chat, then he starts the process of walking me through the firmware flash that my drive needs to achieve complete freedom. I won't get into the technical details, this post is about ALEX and his wonder brain. After a short time, huzzah! My drive has been liberated. Its reading and ripping 4K UHD discs with more efficiency than I could have ever imagined. And that's it, job done. In FACT JOB WELL DONE!!!

I won't go into the payment details, except to say he is very affordable. The value in what he does lies in the individual's needs. For me, this would not be possible without help. Therefore I place a higher value on his service than he himself placed.
So yes I paid more than what he charged, and I hope he is happy. If I could have afforded more I would have given freely. But I'm old, disabled and living on a fixed income.

So THANK YOU makemkv.
Thank You forum participants.
And a special THANK YOU ALEX COLUZZI. You are "the man".

If you find yourself needing a new drive or a firmware update, contact ALEX.
You won't be disappointed.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Grumpy Guy it was truely my pleasure working with you. Please drop me a line at some point and let me know how you're doing, if you have time

Alex
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Dankkh

Post by Dankkh »

Just wanted to chime in here and say thanks to Alex. I received my ASUS BW-16D1HT in the mail just a week or two ago, and have already used it to backup several UHD blu-rays and standard blu-rays alike. Everything has been working swimmingly.

Also worth noting that, when I received the drive in the mail, it was RIDICULOUSLY well-packaged. For all I know a USPS employee could have kicked it across a football field and I'm sure it would have survived perfectly fine.

Finally: Alex is a super nice guy, and extremely easy to work with. Safe to say that, if you need a reliable source for UHD-friendly drives, he's your man. :D
lmdiestro

Post by lmdiestro »

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know about the great experience I had purchasing my LG WH16NS60 drive and external enclosure from Alex.

The whole sales and ordering process was quick and painless. Alex always made sure to get back to me with thoughtful and pertinent information. During ordering, Alex presents you with a wide variety of choices on his price list, and in my case he tried to understand what was important to me so that he could recommend something that fit my price vs. performance sensitivity to a T. Once we settled on the unit, the communication and order update process was consistent and clear.

The unit was quickly shipped once I had settled my invoice, and it was also quickly received (after a couple of days). Upon opening the package, it was very well packed and I felt relieved that the drive itself was secure (i.e. the head/laser hadn't been jostled), and even if the unit was thrown around by the post office that it had enough shock protection to survive reasonable amounts of stress. I was lucky that the drive I wanted was in stock and the whole process took less than a week from first contact to delivery.

Finally once I hooked up the unit, it just worked. There were no issues at all, and I was well on my way backing up my movies literally 30 mins or so after un packaging. Definitely a quick, painless, and enjoyable process ... with the multiple questions I had for Alex during this process, he always got back to me in a quick and very friendly manner.

Thanks Alex!
PRSquare

Post by PRSquare »

I am 6 months into ripping discs. MakeMKV has been a good tool. When I bought a Blu-ray drive on Amazon I didn't think much about the 4K discs in my library. Then I started hitting problems locating the right tracks to rip. The worst was Knives Out. I think I loaded 4 different files into Plex before I gave up. Every solution I read referenced ripping the 4K disc. So I started the search. When I read the posts here I decided to trust Alex Coluzzi and I ordered an ASUS BW-16D1HT w/Libre Drive mod in a Vantec NexStar DX enclosure. Wow. All of my expectations were passed. I had a couple questions that Alex answered clearly and encouragingly. When the drive arrived (right on schedule) it worked perfect, and looks great. I am very happy I did this. I don't hesitate for 1 second recommending Alex to anyone considering making this jump. Good work. Good service. Good to work with. I would do it all again.