For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
georgegrace

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - The EU and USA UHD "Friendly/Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshoot

Post by georgegrace »

Amazon Prime has nothing on Alex. I needed a drive to read 4K discs. I spoke and ordered a drive from Alex on Sunday and I got it on Tuesday morning!!! Excellent customer service!!! Thanks so much Alex.
mdragoni

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - The EU and USA UHD "Friendly/Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshoot

Post by mdragoni »

After reviewing my options for a UHD drive I decided to go with Alex who has several glowing reviews, which should be obvious as this is a 23-page thread! I've been very happy with my choice. I ordered the ASUS BW161HT with the Vantex Nexstar DX enclosure for a great price. Alex was very responsive to my questions and he even managed to send the order out the same day that I purchased it.

The drive arrived thoroughly padded and simply required that I plug it into my computer. I have successfully used the drive with my Mac and my PC and copied 8 UHD discs without any problems. Overall I have been very impressed with the drive and Alex's responsiveness to my questions going forward. I highly recommend anyone in the market for a UHD drive drop Alex a line!
wmcclain

Post by wmcclain »

ASUS BW-16D1HT bare drive for my linux system.

Inquired on Thursday night, got reply same day. Ordered on Friday, received on Monday. Took Tuesday off, installed on Wednesday, running now.

What a boring story.

Thanks Alex!

-Bill
Capsule film reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
djwudi

Post by djwudi »

I've been watching this thread for a while, and this past week finally decided to start dipping my toes into the world of UHD.

Emailed Alex Friday afternoon, and got a response a whole five minutes later, with all the information I needed. Decided on the ASUS BW-16D1HT with OWC Mercury Pro case (to match my iMac), and confirmed with Alex Sunday afternoon. Within the hour I had the his response and the USPS tracking info; the drive showed up today (Wednesday), and is plugged in and happily chewing on its first disk.

Excellent experience all the way along. Thanks Alex!
kailashu

Post by kailashu »

I just purchased the ASUS drive from Alex. Alex is one cool dude. The transaction was a breeze with super fast shipping. He has some great tips too;), Alex you know what I am talking about:) Alex comes highly recommended. It was a pleasure doing business with you man :mrgreen:

Cheers bud!!!
JamesieB

Post by JamesieB »

Huge thanks to Alex, I told him I couldn't wait to watch Rise of Skywalker after first surgery and then the Coronavirus lockdown prevented me from seeing it at the cinema, and having been trying for weeks to flash my Asus drive, I felt I couldn't wait for another drive to be shipped all the way to the UK. I therefore asked for a remote flash, but that turned out to be unnecessary as having sent him a screenshot of the error I was getting, he knew how to fix it, and within minutes I'd flashed the Asus drive to 3.10MK and then cross-flashed to LG 1.00, was able to rip Rise of Skywalker and tonight is my movie night when I finally get to see it, I'm jumping for joy!

Thank you again Alex, and take care! :D
p0s1x3rr0r

Post by p0s1x3rr0r »

Just wanted to send a personal thanks to Alex for the drive he’s super awesome and friendly to work with. Received my drive and works like a charm. Thank you sir!!
jusjee

Post by jusjee »

No regrets purchasing through Alex at all. I am new to this forum, but wanted to share my experience. I found his info via a Reddit post and emailed him about what I was looking for. I'm very new to the whole experience of ripping Blu-Ray discs and have done the very minimal to rip my DVD collection at a decent resolution. With all that said, Alex was nice, communicative and extremely informative the whole way. I ended up getting the ASUS BW-16D1HT in Vantec Enclosure and couldn't be any happier. I have already completely archived a few Blu-Ray discs and encoded them via Handbrake for playback via my Plex server. Everything just works to where it seems like "what did I just pay for?" but that type of experience is EXACTLY what I paid for.

As I stated, I'm new to this forum, but hope to browse through to find out how I can optimize my Blu-Ray drive.
whatever_gong82

Post by whatever_gong82 »

I just got my UHD friendly Blu-ray drive this afternoon, but I'm going slowly, by first ripping my Blu-ray copy of "Into the Spider-verse," and then sometime later today I'll rip my 4K version of the same movie.

Like I told Alex, I have paid licenses of both MakeMKV and AnyDVD, so I'm ripping the Blu-ray with AnyDVD, and then the 4K version with MakeMKV.

So far, so good. The drive is nice and quiet. The Blu-ray was done in under 19 minutes.

Now, I'm making a 4K MKV using MakeMKV.

I'll post later on what my results were.

:D
Maca5631

Post by Maca5631 »

Another endorsement for Alex, this time from the UK.

I initially wanted to purchase a pre-flashed drive, but with international postage being somewhat disrupted due to the pandemic and me being on a tight time constraint it was agreed that remote flashing was probably the better option.
Alex oganised this for me EXTREMELY quickly, and it was a breeze to undertake.
In fact I'd ripped my first 4K disc (The Gentlemen) within an hour of flashing the drive.

In short, I would wholehertedly recommend him.
Also a bonus is the fact that he appears to be a thoroughly decent bloke.

Many thanks for your sterling work Alex, it's very much appreciated.

Ian.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

49 years old and that's the first time I can remember being referred to as a "bloke". My life is complete! Hey thanks Ian and everybody who has taken the time to post here. I am extremely grateful to have met some of the finest people on the planet in pursuit of this hobby.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
animeditor

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly" and "Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshooting)

Post by animeditor »

Alex sent me one of his flashed buffalo external portable USB 4K drives and it has been working so great With my Mac. His communication skills are wonderful and he shipped very fast. A+
jonghotti

Re: alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com - UHD "Friendly" and "Official" Drive Sales & Service (remote flashing/troubleshooting)

Post by jonghotti »

Comment Removed.
Last edited by jonghotti on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatever_gong82

Post by whatever_gong82 »

Update:

Everything worked out for me

Thanks to Alex for making it easy for me to rip regular and 4K Blu-ray discs without incident.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get another LibreDrive from Alex within a month or two, once I budget everything for the next 2 months.

8)
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Right on Gong! Thanks for the update.
If you end up coming back for more keep in mind I’m happy to give repeat customers a discount as a thank you for your loyalty. Take care!