For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
m00se

Re: Get your drives here! This thread is very much ALIVE! alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by m00se »

Bought an LG drive from Alex this past week. Came today USPS Priority. Very well packed and in pristine condition. Slapped it in my Win10 desktop and installed MakeMKV. Off to the races! Well, not quite. Being the complete n00b that I am, I had some difficulty getting things started with a UHD 4k 1917 and Ford VS Ferrari.

Alex to the rescue! He helped me through the process and got me going. He didn't have to take the time to do this but he did and for that I am quite thankful!

Highly recommend!

Thanks much Alex!
Inspector_Jones

Re: Get your drives here! This thread is very much ALIVE! alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by Inspector_Jones »

Just ordered and placed an order with Alex in the past few days and he was extremely helpful answering what I felt like were dumb questions I could have been more educated about. Very fast and courteous; the order went out quick and I was super impressed by the quality of the packaging. Extremely satisfied with my purchase and just testing out backing up some of my movies now!
unknownuser2123

Post by unknownuser2123 »

I ordered the LG BU40N Slim drive with the Vantec enclosure a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. It works very well and Alex made the whole process of getting the drive extremely simple.
I came into this not knowing very much about these drives at all, and Alex was very patient and informative with answering all my newbie questions. I told him about what I wanted out of the drive, and he gave me his recommendation on the one that best fit my needs. He was generally quick to respond and the drive arrived within 2 days after I placed the order!
When I want to get another drive I would definitely order from him again, and would highly recommend others to order from him as well!
metichemsi

Post by metichemsi »

Hopefully none of you ever did what I did today.

I used this software before to rip blu ray disks with no issues at all. ASSUMED that UHD disks would be the same process, just with a drive that can ready UHD disk...
Purchased random one on amazon with the fastest shipping to my home.
Plugged in and ran MakeMKV... Nothing... Then it hit me as I did a quick google search.

This is DEFINATELY not at all like blu rays... :lol:

The forums quickly led me to this post by Alex and luckily for me I just so happened to have purchased one of the "friendly" drives.
I was still over my head when it came to flashing. Pardon my noob rank.

At this point I still didnt know if my drive was even "friendly" so I had resorted to reach out to Alex to see what I could buy.

This guy is a true professional. Texted him and instead of just being a typical salesman he asked me what was going on, what I was working with, and quickly assessed that I did in fact have a friendly driver and only needed to flash it and lucky for me he could assist with this process remotely and virtually instantly. I'm sure you can all at least relate to that feeling when someone in any sort of sales, whether a product or a service, actually listens and recommends the right solution and not the most "profitable" one. He could have just as easily simply offered to sell me a product without any mention of this and I would have probably purchased it without any question unless it was a completely unrealistic price.

In a matter of minutes, a few texts, and one email, I was up and running and already ripping my first UHD disk.
Completely fair price for the service, specially in hindsight as to how much I could have ended up paying for if it turned out I hadn't purchased a compatible drive.

I know I'm new to this but if any of you have any questions or doubts don't hesitate one second to reach out to him!

Thank you again Alex!
jefejet

Post by jefejet »

I ordered a LG BU40N + Vantec enclosure from Alex and 72 hours later the drive had made the 2000+ mile trip and was sitting on my desk getting a Blu-Ray ripping workout.

Alex even took the time to check-in via email to make sure everything was working smoothly after the drive arrived.

Two-thumbs up on purchasing from Alex!

-Jeff
SubOptimal

Post by SubOptimal »

Hey there. I have a LG WH16NS40 and got my first UHD disc. The drive itself is quite old and had 1.00 firmware. When I first inserted the UHD disc, it would not even spin up. Then on a random insertion, it did, tried for a bit to read it, but eventually MakeMKV (and windows) said 'no disc.'

So that's when I updated the firmware (to DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin) using this app (BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe). Now, I cannot get the drive to spin up for any disc. I hadn't used the drive in a few months, but it had been fine for the 100+ blu rays from my collection.

Just wondering if you have any thought about how I might go about fixing this issue. Trying to avoid buying a new drive, but I will if I have to.

Just updated to MakeMKV v1.15.2 today. I have older, paid versions too.

Thanks! :D
droopy

Post by droopy »

Not that he really needs another recommendation, but here's another recommendation!

I ordered a LG WH16NS60 from Alex. Quick response, easy payment options, and drive was waiting for me when I got home from a business trip. It was packaged very nicely and works as advertised.

Thanks Alex!

John
9jaesthete

Post by 9jaesthete »

Here’s another glowing recommendation for Alex. Bought the Asus BD-16D1HT from him last week. He shipped as promised, got here Wednesday and I spent the last weekend ripping my 4K discs and playing them back through the Plex server in my Nighthawk router and my Xbox. I’m beyond thrilled. Alex, you are the man and a godsend!!!
ShotInTheTech

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by ShotInTheTech »

I cannot recommend Alex enough! This was by far the easiest decision and transaction I've made! I am fairly new to DVD/Blu-ray ripping and had been using an old Apple Superdrive for the past few months. Alex recommended that I get one of the full sized drives and gave me a super easy to understand comparison between all of the different drives and what the terminology meant. I settled on the LG WH16NS60 and he had it shipped the next day! My Blu-rays have been ripping at insane speeds and I could not be happier! I would not hesitate to buy another drive from Alex again!

Thank you so much, Alex!
elvisisking

Re: Get your drives here! LG WH16NS60, LG BU40N, ASUS BW-16D1HT. alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com for the best sales/service!

Post by elvisisking »

Alex could not have been more helpful. The drive was as promised. I felt the service was well worth the cost. He was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. Moreover, he took the time to answer a bunch of newbie questions I had after I got my drive. I would 100 percent recommend Alex to anyone looking for no-fuss solution. Great guy and a pleasure all the way around!
Joel B

Post by Joel B »

Another satisfied customer. Super fast response from Alex and the LG WH16NS60 is working great so far (using it with both Linux and macOS).
stuoningur

Post by stuoningur »

Really nice contact and very helpful. Answered all the questions I had. Can only recommend him.
nintendo424

Post by nintendo424 »

I reached out to Alex last week for a BU40N in a Vantec enclosure, and I received it earlier today. Everything works great! I ripped my first UHD blu-ray and everything showed LibreDrive as expected. Highly recommend him, very competitive prices, and very quick turn around time. :) Thanks again Alex!
kma371

Post by kma371 »

reached out to alex today via text. wanted to buy a drive, but he ended up helping me troubleshoot and looks like everything is working good now. very helpful, super nice guy. appreciate it alex!
Cajunese

Post by Cajunese »

I too got the LG BU40N in the Vantec enclosure. Within 5 minutes of opening the package (which was well packed for shipping by the way) I had it connected & MakeMKV ripping my first 4K disc. Everything about this has been great since first contact to get pricing/availability to shipping and follow up. Already recommended Alex to a couple friends and I hope they'll follow thru and place orders.

If you're on the fence, just go for it, you won't be sorry!