Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
vf2ss

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by vf2ss »

The upgrade I needed, going to 4k Bluray, Billy was responsive, and drive worked like a charm.
FattyMcGee

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by FattyMcGee »

I too got a drive from Billy. As everyone says, fast and well packed. I haven't tired it yet, but I assume it will be fine.

But I have a question -- I read that Ubuntu 24.04 is going to come equipped to automatically install firmware updates. I'm only functional as a Linux driver. If that is something that will unflash these drives, I bet I'm not the only one who will want a tutorial on how to make sure that doesn't happen.
Thanks to anyone who decides to take that on or to set me straight if I'm misunderstanding.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

FattyMcGee wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:10 pm
I too got a drive from Billy. As everyone says, fast and well packed. I haven't tired it yet, but I assume it will be fine.

But I have a question -- I read that Ubuntu 24.04 is going to come equipped to automatically install firmware updates. I'm only functional as a Linux driver. If that is something that will unflash these drives, I bet I'm not the only one who will want a tutorial on how to make sure that doesn't happen.
Thanks to anyone who decides to take that on or to set me straight if I'm misunderstanding.
Wont auto update on any os so nothing to worry about
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

the 212 has been discontinued i am no longer able to get it in a reliable time frame and stock around the world is low as it has been discontinued since mid 2023 from what i can tell it has been replaced the the new version the 213/2213
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
marveljam

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by marveljam »

Another happy customer. Let's start with the questions. I asked for some advice on the best drive to purchase for my needs. Billy was generous with his thoughts. I immediately turned around and purchased the drive. The whole process was super fast. Billy was a great communicator every step of the way. The drive arrived quickly and works fantastic. Thank you Billycar11!
arstnortle

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by arstnortle »

Purchased a flashed Pioneer BDR-S13UBK drive from Billycar11 few months ago and it's been working flawlessly. Plug and play install on an Unraid server. Drive was in stock and turn around time was quick after order. Would recommend his service to anyone in need of a UHD drive.
CraigularB

Post by CraigularB »

Add me to the list of satisfied customers! I first reached out to Billy last week after my LG 4K drive stopped reading anything. I had flashed my old drive but I didn't want to mess around with much for this one. He responded very quickly and I picked the drive I wanted (went with the Pioneer BDR-S13U-X) and purchased. It was in stock so the turnaround time was very quick and I got updates every step of the way until he shipped the drive off. It arrived less than a week after my initial email, and I finally had time to get it installed this morning (I actually have the slots for an optical drive in my tower :lol: ), and it's currently ripping a disc. Very happy with everything, thank you Billy!
DotTaco124

Post by DotTaco124 »

Very satisfied with the purchase. I purchased the Pioneer BDR-212 SATA 5.25 SATA back in December as my first 4k friendly drive. I wasn't too sure with how it would be but honestly, very happy. Works like a charm, just slid it into my computers 5.25" bay and it worked. 10/10, would want to buy from him again.
AvidWalker

Post by AvidWalker »

I recently purchased a Pioneer BDR-213/2213 SATA 5.25 SATA from Billy. I'm a happy customer.
peter0302

Post by peter0302 »

This is a bit overdue but I got a Pioneer BD-213 from Billy about 3 weeks ago and it's been workling flawlessly ever since. Worked with MakeMKV right out of the box with LibreDrive, was properly flashed to support UHD, etc. I haven't had a read failure with a single disc (except one which had a visible defect), whereas with my LG I had a success rate of maybe 2/3.

I don't know what we're all gonna do when and if his stock of non-evil-firmeware Pioneers runs out but if you're having trouble reading discs I highly recommend reaching out to Billy and grabbing a Pioneer while you can. He certainly is not getting rich off of this and is doing a real service for us cinemaphiles.

Cheers and thanks again Billy!
Dubbs

Post by Dubbs »

I purchased a Pioneer BDR-212 a couple of months ago. I have ripped about 150 4k movies and a handful of Blu-ray's and DVD's without issue. Everything seems to be working good with the drive and MakeMKV. I would definitely recommend this seller.
Shwalamazula

Post by Shwalamazula »

I totally forgot to post feedback here. I have way too many side-projects and hobbies to get into drive flashing too (get the right model, confirm the right firmware, modify firmware if needed to re-modify firmware ...), so I purchased a BDR-S13U-X from Billycar11. I had no problems firing up the drive and it rips everything I throw at it.

Process was easy:
- Send Email
- Send Money
- Get Drive

Not having to check compatibilities and manufacturing dates and all that jazz is super worth it to me.
flyskate

Post by flyskate »

I have 3 WH16NS40 LG drives that just stopped reading 100gb UHD discs. they were fine until just a few weeks ago. It will still read standard Blurays and 60gb and below UHD disc. Help please.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

flyskate wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:34 pm
I have 3 WH16NS40 LG drives that just stopped reading 100gb UHD discs. they were fine until just a few weeks ago. It will still read standard Blurays and 60gb and below UHD disc. Help please.
Buy a Pioneer.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Strouty

Post by Strouty »

Billy has been super helpful, when I ordered a drive, he shipped it quickly and it works flawlessly, highly recommended! Thanks again Billy, I look forward to doing business again, thanks for answering all my questions, these days you don't always get service like that.