Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Billycar11

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by Billycar11 »

cybr1d wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:14 pm
Are these drives region-free for regular blu-rays and DVD?
if you use makemkv yes it will rip any region disc for bluray
have not tested with dvd but it will likely work
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
cybr1d

Re: Selling Flashed UHD Drives Pioneer & LG,USB/C,sleep bug fix,Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by cybr1d »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:21 pm
cybr1d wrote:
But will they play a locked disc without ripping?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

cybr1d wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:33 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:21 pm
cybr1d wrote:
But will they play a locked disc without ripping?
yes if you use makemkv integration with vlc or similar.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
dmoor1

Post by dmoor1 »

Highl recommend Billy. He was patient as we worked through my requirements. It was shipped and received very quickly after we decided on a configuration. Well packed. He included the shipping containers for the components with the package. Have never had that happen before. Cannot recommend him enough.

chadct73

Post by chadct73 »

Ordered the Pre Flashed Pioneer BDR-S13UBK SATA 5.25 SATA drive from Billy and have been enjoying getting my library backed up! Thanks for the expert guidance and service!!
reedread

Post by reedread »

I bought a Pioneer BDR-212 from Billy about 3 months ago. I waited to do this review so I'd really be able to test it out and put it through its paces. The process was really easy. You email him and ask for the drive you want. He responds right away and the drive is shipped within a matter of days. I did buy a housing unit (USB case) for it too (the Vantec model Billy recommends) which was a good decision. I'd recommend a housing unit to everyone as well.

I received my drive and have ripped every kind of disc you can think of: DVD, 1080p Blu-Ray, 4K Blu-Ray and audio compact discs. Everything works perfectly. I didn't need any tech support from Billy. For me, it was just plug-and-play. I'm using Ubuntu but if you're using Windows, I'm sure the process is just as easy. Just don't ever upgrade the drive's firmware. Ever.

I'm using makemkv for video and EAC (with wine) for audio. After three months, everything is still working perfectly. I even ripped a CD and one Blu-Ray today :)

Thanks Billy!
twilbur

Post by twilbur »

I wanted to join the chorus of saying "Thanks, Billy!" as another happy customer. I bought a Pioneer BDR-S13UBK on his recommendation, and put it in a Vantec NexStar DX2 case.

Communication was great, shipping was prompt. The drive arrived safe, and for the last three months, it's been working great for ripping UHD, Blu-ray and DVD discs on my Mac with makemkv. Super reliable so far.

I appreciated his help in selecting among the drives he sells - as he suggested, the Pioneer drive is much much faster and quieter than the previous one I had, I'm glad I followed his advice.

Thanks, Billy!
wantmymkv

Post by wantmymkv »

Purchased a Pioneer BDR-212 per Billy's recommendation. Received it a couple months ago and it was shipped quickly and was well packed. Installed into a HTPC and it is the quietest and fastest drive that I have had. Also ripped all discs (DVD, Blu-ray, UHD) without any issues. Thanks!
aaronb917

Post by aaronb917 »

Bought the Pioneer model S13UX and works like a champ. Will never go back to LG drives again.
Thank you for the great product and service. Would highly recommend this drive and would purchase again.
LG-Grinding-Sound

Post by LG-Grinding-Sound »

Just got a BDR-S13U-X in the mail and its working great. Fast shipping, well packaged. Thank you very much!
webminster

Post by webminster »

Got a BR-212 from Billy a couple of months ago. Good service and delivery, drive works great. Does work better than the LG and Asus drives I had been using, seems to handle problem discs better. Highly recommend his services.
-Alan
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

I bought the BDR-S13UBK from @Billycar11 recently. He was quick to respond and get the drive I selected shipped. The new one was much faster than the one I replaced and very quiet in comparison, which was a pleasant surprise. Even better than advertised. Thank you very much, Billy! You're awesome!
randomname123

Post by randomname123 »

I purchased the BDR-S13UBK from Billy on Feb 23rd. Responses were super fast and I received the device on Feb 28th (tracked mail). I can confirm the entire process was a breeze and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a pain-free entry into this hobby. I originally purchased and updated an LG device from Amazon, and encountered so many issues (would not read discs) that I lost motivation and reached out to Billy - I wish I had just purchased it from him originally and saved myself that hassle - strong recommend.
bbraskey67

Post by bbraskey67 »

Just another satisfied customer. I purchased the Pioneer BR-S13U-X from Billy on 2/25 and received the drive on 2/29. I’ve since ripped several dozen DVDs, Blu-rays, and UHD Blu-rays with no issues. I was even able to rip one that my old Asus drive refused to read. The Pioneer drive is SO MUCH QUIETER than my old Asus drive! I’m extremely happy with my purchase and would recommend Billy to anyone looking for a good disc drive for ripping movies and music and don’t want to hassle with flashing the drive yourself.
Chuck216

Post by Chuck216 »

Adding to the long list of happy customers in this thread. Billy is great to work with, answered all my questions, shipped out quickly, and everything is working as it should! He even included a discount coupon I used to get the full version of MakeMKV. I ordered the Pioneer BDR-212 drive, which I paired with the Vantec NexStar DX2 external enclosure, via the suggested link. I've tried CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, 3D Blu-rays, and 4K UHD Blu-rays, including from a variety of different regions, and absolutely everything has just worked without a hitch, right out of the box. Couldn't ask for more! Thanks so much!
Last edited by Chuck216 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.