Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Fr33zey

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by Fr33zey »

I purchased the Pioneer BDR-213/2213 from Billy; everything worked perfectly. I also decided to go with one of the enclosure recommendations he provided on his page and got the Vantec NST-536S3-BK enclosure to go with the drive which works well with it. He was super helpful throughout the process. I would recommend and buy from him again.
bkd598

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Post by bkd598 »

Just wanted to add to the chorus here that you can't go wrong ordering a drive from Billy. I sent him an email with the drive I wanted (BDR-S13UBK), we quickly discussed, I paid, and he sent it right away. Works like a charm. If you want to get up and running quickly, I can't think of a better way.
neocore_

Post by neocore_ »

Thanks Billy, everything works great. Communication and shipping were great.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Toker

Post by Toker »

Bought a LG BU40N from Billycar11 a few years ago and it started acting up recently. So decided to upgrade and buy the Pioneer BDR-S13UBK. Very responsive to emails and a quick and easy process to purchase. I had the drive in a few days and was able to rip problematic discs right away.
92turtleknobs

Post by 92turtleknobs »

Received my BDR-S13UBK from Billy about 10 days ago to replace my WH16NS40 and BU40N that both started having issues with less than a year of use. Great communication, and payment was very easy to set up. Very happy with the purchase and well worth the extra cost. I did also pair it with the Vantec NST-536S3-BK that he recommended also.

I am capable of flashing drives myself, but it's so much nicer to get a plug-and-play device from someone like Billy that vets these drives beforehand and not try to play firmware roulette with eBay and Amazon. You just plug it in and open MakeMKV, no extra work needed. I could tell on the first use it's a much higher quality product than the LGs. It's night and day quieter and was able to rip my 4K Fast and Furious Collection with zero issues, whereas my BU40N would give constant hash errors and wouldn't even open most of the discs anymore. Highly recommend if you are thinking about purchasing form Billy.
Last edited by 92turtleknobs on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvz64

Post by kvz64 »

Absolutely recommended remote flashing service from Billy. Super responsible assistance and support, which enabled my BDR-212V to become UHD-processing capable in just a few clicks; literally worked like magic. Another happy customer for sure :D
McCabe

Post by McCabe »

Hi Billycar11,
New to the forum and ripping BD and UHD. Please forgive any basic questions.

I am interested in purchasing one of your Pre-Flashed Pioneer drives.
Either the BDR-213/2213 SATA 5.25 or BDR-S13UBK 5.25 SATA
Running M2 PowerBook Ventura 13.5
I will be ripping with makeMKV, mostly BD but have several UHD as well.

Besides getting a Vantec enclosure is there anything else I need to do?
Thanks!
Appo3736

Post by Appo3736 »

I highly recommend Billy for a "plug-and-play" drive that works amazingly right out the box! I sent my payment for the order, he flashed, tested, and shipped it out within a day, and then I had the Pioneer BDR-S13U-X installed in my PC in about a week.

Very fast turnaround and response times, and even helped me set up MakeMKV to work with VLC and MPC if I wanted to watch straight off the disc. Not to mention I can rip all manner of discs, whether regular or UHD Blu-Ray, and even my imported BDs from Japan.

Thanks again Billy! :D