Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
garrettmn

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,external usb,sleep bug fix,LibreDrive Enable,Remote Flashing,

Post by garrettmn »

I bought an LG WH16NS60 from Billy.

Communication was great. The drive works great. I emailed late on Dec 10 and the drive arrived on Dec 30 set up and ready to go. That's not a bad turnaround with shipping, setup, shipping, and Christmas in there too.

I recommend Billy as a great source for drives if you want to rip UltraHD/4K discs.

Thank you Billy.
tapressley10

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,external usb,sleep bug fix,LibreDrive Enable,Remote Flashing,

Post by tapressley10 »

I also bought an LG WH16NS60 from Billy in early 2019.

Communication has been amazing and very timely. The drive quit reading discs with a couple months left on the warranty. He helped me flash it for return and exchange. He also remotely reflashed the replacement drive for free since it was still under his warranty. While remotely connected he noticed my pc had an internal disc drive that's a UHD disc drive he also recommends. He flashed it for cheap. Now I have 2 UHD drives. :)

I highly recommend Billy. The customer service alone is worth the purchase.

TPresto
postemptive

Post by postemptive »

I bought an LG BU40N from Billy.

Super fast turn around, and great status updates. I was thinking about checking out UHD Movies for a while, but trying to make sure that I got a drive with the right firmware and then taking a chance on bricking the drive while patching the firmware seemed like too much of a pain. Contact Billy and get a drive that just works.
jcotton42

Post by jcotton42 »

After getting two dead UHD-friendly drives from Amazon I decided to go with someone who actually knew what they were doing. Billy was great and the turnaround was super quick (about a week). The drive has already ripped 2 Blu-rays and several DVDs.
apuntsel

Post by apuntsel »

I bought a slim external drive for my Mac from Billy. I had great communications with him and it works perfectly. Thank you
Billycar11

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,usb,sleep bug fix,LibreDrive Enable,Remote Flashing,Tested no read erro

Post by Billycar11 »

2 BU40Ns bare drive or in a usb case instock ready to ship monday.

update:

1 left
Last edited by Billycar11 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Galwyrd

Re: Selling UltraHD Friendly+Official UHD drives,usb,sleep bug fix,LibreDrive Enable,Remote Flashing,Tested no read erro

Post by Galwyrd »

I bought a Pre Flashed USB 3 LG BU40N USB NST-510S3-BK.
Works great! Billy is awesome!
mac404

Post by mac404 »

Just posting to say that I also had a great experience. Super fast turnaround on getting my drive (less than a week), and it works great!
scouser1023

Post by scouser1023 »

Good service and support. Drive arrived quickly.
Highly recommend.

Note: I used the recommended vantek enclosure and the controller was broken. The symptom was everything seems fine but my PCs saw the drive as an unrecognized USB3 device. Given the Amazon reviews looks like I won the lottery getting a broken one. New one arrived worked right off the bat, no drivers needed etc.

Cheers,
Simon
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

scouser1023 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm
Good service and support. Drive arrived quickly.
Highly recommend.

Note: I used the recommended vantek enclosure and the controller was broken. The symptom was everything seems fine but my PCs saw the drive as an unrecognized USB3 device. Given the Amazon reviews looks like I won the lottery getting a broken one. New one arrived worked right off the bat, no drivers needed etc.

Cheers,
Simon
Thanks for the review
just to clarify i did not supply this customer with the case only the bare drive all drives and cases i ship are fully tested.

Thanks,
Billy
Last edited by Billycar11 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Not to derail this thread but the Vantec enclosures used to have serious issues with the power supply blowing up not long into its lifespan.

And I’d like to vouch for Billy being extremely skilled with both hardware and software QA.

Anytime I’m stuck or just want to bounce an idea off him I leave the conversation knowing I’ve received solid advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
Jeff53404

Couldn't be Happier - Thanks Billy

Post by Jeff53404 »

I bought the BU40N USB and out of the box, the drive works flawlessly. Billy was a great communicator and is highly recommended.
philb1701

Post by philb1701 »

Just got my new 4K-compatible drive and enclosure from Billy Carlson.
The drive works as good as it looks and it arrived just in time for me to try
it out on a set of Ghostbusters 4K blu-rays. Each disc scanned perfectly and
VERY quietly.

Mahalo Nui Loa Billy!
meridius

Post by meridius »

@ Billycar11, A big thanks for all the help on how to flash the drive and what to do. Very helpfull chap.
Starwarseffect

Post by Starwarseffect »

Billy is the perfect person from whom to purchase UHD drives. I bought a 4K drive from Best Buy, thinking it would read and rip Ultra HD Blu-ray without any problems, but MakeMKV displayed an error message that the drive would not allow MakeMKV to create an MKV file of the movie stream due to the drive recognizing and complying with the copy protection code on the disc or something. When I bought a drive from Billy, it was everything I wanted. The package was delivered in great condition. It reads and rips 4K discs without error, and I could not be happier with the transaction. I highly recommend purchasing drives from him.