Looking for a flashed pioneer drive in Germany

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Paternoster

Looking for a flashed pioneer drive in Germany

Post by Paternoster »

Hello, I would like to purchase a pre-flashed external UHD drive, preferably brand-new, not necessarily pioneer, but one with reliable hardware and that works well with my M2 MacBook Pro via USB-C.

Which drive should I get and where can I get one with reasonable shipping cost to Germany, shipped from the EU or even Germany.
Last edited by Paternoster on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paternoster

Re: Looking for a flashed pioneer drive in Germany

Post by Paternoster »

It is not pre-flashed but is it safe to get this BP60NB10 from Amazon? I mean the model number is listed in the Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide but the guide also says, that "just because your drive is the same model number does not mean it will work". So ...
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Paternoster wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:32 pm
Hello, I would like to purchase a pre-flashed external UHD drive, preferably brand-new, not necessarily pioneer, but one with reliable hardware and that works well with my M2 MacBook Pro via USB-C.

Which drive should I get and where can I get one with reasonable shipping cost to Germany, shipped from the EU or even Germany.
Try the Verbatim 43888. It contains a Pioneer BDR-UD04 inside and should work out of the box.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:30 am
Paternoster wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Try the Verbatim 43888. It contains a Pioneer BDR-UD04 inside and should work out of the box.
Ironically, I recently bought one of those on Amazon and it was shipped to me from Germany... (Sold by Amazon EU)
Paternoster

Post by Paternoster »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:30 am

This one?

For the flashing guide, I just read this:
PSA now most Pioneers come with new fw that prevents them from be crossflashed or downgraded do not buy one for UHD at this time
So „Pioneer“ is not such a good idea after all?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

As I understand it, the Verbatim 43888 isn't affected by the updated Pioneer firmware situation.
Paternoster

Post by Paternoster »

dcoke22 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:42 am
As I understand it, the Verbatim 43888 isn't affected by the updated Pioneer firmware situation.
Thanks! :!:

Do you have any resources you could share that brought you to this understanding?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

There's this unfortunately named thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30533 that has several people posting their success with that drive having purchased it very recently. Also, if you search for 43888 on this forum, you'll find other posts from people claiming to have recently bought the Verbatim 43888 and having it work right out of the box.

The Verbatim 43888 isn't really available in the USA or I'd add one to my fleet.