Asmcom – Feedback/Review

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Nucleus

Asmcom – Feedback/Review

Post by Nucleus »

Pre Flashed Drive from Asmcom: Pioneer BDR-XD07TS

The sticky thread at top of this sub forum mentions:
This sub-forum is for the ads, feedback and related discussion.
So here’s my/our experience of purchase and subsequent usage of a pre flashed drive from Asmcom.

TL;DR - Exchange of mails, pre purchase advice, recommendations, payment method, postage options, offer of after sales support etc – all top drawer. Highly recommended.

Full Version – Being used to ripping BluRay and after establishing that my installed BR Drive isn’t capable of being flashed to become UHD friendly, I mailed Asmcom pre Xmas enquiring after a decent drive, received a recommendation, details of how to pay, postage rates etc. But then my kids began to enquire of anything I may like as a Xmas gift. Although one of them is computer literate, he’s not into the technicalities, why’s and wherefor's of ripping, UHD friendly drives etc, so do I chance them getting me a drive? But based upon my mails from Asmcom and their attention to detail, I told my son to "mail these people" and ask for a recommendation, purchase details etc.

This is perhaps more of the reason for this review – Asmcom’s dealings with my son, who as mentioned isn't familiar with the technicalities and obviously 100% reliant on them. He's since forwarded me the mails he exchanged with them, it’s clear from their recommendation and advice that they didn’t bombard him with technobabble, and made their recommendation, explained it’s pre flashed, been checked, it's ready to go, and here are our postage options and delivery times. I think this may have been a week before Xmas and it obviously arrived quickly as I was presented with it at Xmas. My son tells me everything went as sweet as a nut.

I should also mention the after purchase mail they sent my son, some do’s and don’ts and some basic how to, instruction to never flash the drive, always contact them if any queries etc. All good stuff.

The drive is a Pioneer BDR-XD07TS External USB 3, very neat it is too. It’s very quiet and seems to acknowledge a disc insert very quickly. I’ve had 100% success rate so far, UHD’s:

American Gangster [Extended]
Dune
Fury
Gladiator [Extended]
Ready Player One
Shutter Island
The Green Mile
The Ladykillers
The Shawshank Redemption
Unforgiven

And I look forward to my new drive ripping many more UHD’s. The drive will be used exclusively for UHD as my internal BR drive is fine for BR stuff.

So in summary, great experience across the board with Asmcom, more so their mails and assistance to my son who purchased the drive. Highly recommended.
Windows:
Identifying The Correct Title To Rip: Process Monitor Method - GetMPLS Method
Mux/Remux: Set A Subtitle Stream On By Default (Forced)
asmcom

Re: Asmcom – Feedback/Review

Post by asmcom »

Nucleus wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:46 am
Pre Flashed Drive from Asmcom: Pioneer BDR-XD07TS

The sticky thread at top of this sub forum mentions:
This sub-forum is for the ads, feedback and related discussion.
So here’s my/our experience of purchase and subsequent usage of a pre flashed drive from Asmcom.

TL;DR - Exchange of mails, pre purchase advice, recommendations, payment method, postage options, offer of after sales support etc – all top drawer. Highly recommended.

Full Version – Being used to ripping BluRay and after establishing that my installed BR Drive isn’t capable of being flashed to become UHD friendly, I mailed Asmcom pre Xmas enquiring after a decent drive, received a recommendation, details of how to pay, postage rates etc. But then my kids began to enquire of anything I may like as a Xmas gift. Although one of them is computer literate, he’s not into the technicalities, why’s and wherefor's of ripping, UHD friendly drives etc, so do I chance them getting me a drive? But based upon my mails from Asmcom and their attention to detail, I told my son to "mail these people" and ask for a recommendation, purchase details etc.

This is perhaps more of the reason for this review – Asmcom’s dealings with my son, who as mentioned isn't familiar with the technicalities and obviously 100% reliant on them. He's since forwarded me the mails he exchanged with them, it’s clear from their recommendation and advice that they didn’t bombard him with technobabble, and made their recommendation, explained it’s pre flashed, been checked, it's ready to go, and here are our postage options and delivery times. I think this may have been a week before Xmas and it obviously arrived quickly as I was presented with it at Xmas. My son tells me everything went as sweet as a nut.

I should also mention the after purchase mail they sent my son, some do’s and don’ts and some basic how to, instruction to never flash the drive, always contact them if any queries etc. All good stuff.

The drive is a Pioneer BDR-XD07TS External USB 3, very neat it is too. It’s very quiet and seems to acknowledge a disc insert very quickly. I’ve had 100% success rate so far, UHD’s:

American Gangster [Extended]
Dune
Fury
Gladiator [Extended]
Ready Player One
Shutter Island
The Green Mile
The Ladykillers
The Shawshank Redemption
Unforgiven

And I look forward to my new drive ripping many more UHD’s. The drive will be used exclusively for UHD as my internal BR drive is fine for BR stuff.

So in summary, great experience across the board with Asmcom, more so their mails and assistance to my son who purchased the drive. Highly recommended.
Thank you for your lovely review. It means a lot to us with all the long hours and hard work we put in to get a positive review and a detailed response.

Much Appreciated - Happy New Year

Hayley

UHD Friendly Drive Team
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
ispy48

Post by ispy48 »

I have been ripping Blu ray drives now for a couple of years but prior to Christmas I decided to replace a drive with a 4K capable one. After reading on this Forum I contacted uhdfriendlydrives and purchased a Pioneer BDR-213EBK, really great service, the drive arrived quickly and well packed. It works a treat with MakeMKV, AnyDVDHD with no failures so far. Very happy with my purchase, thank you Tracey.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

ispy48 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:03 am
I have been ripping Blu Ray drives now for a couple of years but prior to Christmas I decided to replace a drive with a 4K capable one. After reading on this Forum I contacted uhdfriendlydrives and purchased a Pioneer BDR-213EBK, really great service, the drive arrived quickly and well packed. It works a treat with MakeMKV, AnyDVDHD with no failures so far. Very happy with my purchase, thank you Tracey.
You are very welcome, and thank you for the lovely review; we have had great reports and feedback about this drive. Customers who previously purchased a BDR-S12UHT from us rated the BDR-213EBK just as good.

Tracey :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387