List of packages which makemkv depends on

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Mnemos

List of packages which makemkv depends on

Post by Mnemos »

Okay. When I upgraded to 1.5.8, makemkv stopped being able to properly read discs for me ( http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1701 ). After downgrading to 1.5.0, it still can't properly read discs. So, my guess is that something else which got upgraded since makemkv was previously installed (or was upgraded at the same time) isn't cooperating properly with makemkv for whatever reason, which brings me to the question as to which package that could be.

The only package that the Arch Linux package for makemkv lists as a dependency is Qt (which at the moment, is version 4.6.3-1 on my machine). I have a hard time believing that a Qt upgrade might have messed up makemkv's ability to read discs (and it would have to be affected by being built with the new version of Qt since 1.5.6 was running with the version of Qt which I have currently installed but I'm not sure that it was built with it). So, either there's some other unrelated package which is a problem, a dependency of Qt is a problem, or something unrelated to packages (some other setting or somesuch) is now messed up. The question is what.

So, is anyone aware of a package which makemkv relies on for being built or to run which might affect its ability to read discs? If not, is there any way to know which packages makemkv actually needs (beyond Qt) - both for being built and for running? I need some way of narrowing down the problem so that I can fix it.
skittle

Re: List of packages which makemkv depends on

Post by skittle »

AFAIK the actual program is distributed as a binary, the only thing that gets compiled is the GUI.

But maybe something else in the system, as i have experienced the same thing. One disk may fail under linux, but works under windows.