COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
davewithheld

COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE

Post by davewithheld »

Didn't know if I should post to the Linux group, but... I'm having the exact same error(s) on a dual boot system; both fedora 12 (gnome) and Uubuntu 9.10 (kde). Build and install seemed to work fine on both OS's. Program runs fine but errors before I get a list of titles. It makes no difference if I run as root or normal user. Here's what I get:

#> makemkvcon backup --decrypt disc:0 /shome/video/bluray
MakeMKV v1.6.0 linux(x64-release) started
Backing up disc into folder "/shome/video/bluray"
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SG:dev_11:0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SG:dev_11:0'
... many more of these same errors, then ...
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Backup failed
Backup failed.

/shome/video/blueray was manually created before the command was issued. If I execute the same command without the --decrypt switch I get a copy (I assume encrypted) of the disk. I tried the GUI with "Log debug" turned on and got the same messages with these in between each occurrence:
MakeMKV v1.6.0 linux(x64-release) started
Backing up disc into folder "/shome/video/bluray"
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining

Bluray Drive is an internal Plextor with current firmware. It plays in Windows XP with PowerDVD 8. Here is drive info (from wodim):
#> wodim -prcap dev=/dev/sr0
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 5
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'PLEXTOR '
Identification : 'BDDVDR PX-B310SA'
Revision : '1.06'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.

As I said, I have tried fedora and ubuntu. I actually have a triple boot system with WinXP. I have not tried the Windows version of makemkv as I would really like to get it working on the fedora system. This is my first attempt at using makemkv on the movie Solitary Man. Any advice on how to proceed?
mike admin

Re: COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE

Post by mike admin »

A known problem with 64-bit linux version 1.6.0 . Please check back for an update.