Can MakeMKV for Linux decrypt bd disc properly?

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
LinuxFun

Can MakeMKV for Linux decrypt bd disc properly?

Post by LinuxFun »

Hi. I installed in Xubuntu from market place MakeMKV-version is 1.14.4-1~bionic.
I made backup of BD dl disc, do not remember if chose to decrypt videofiles, but it did backup bd.

Than I decided to record file folder structure to bd dl disc in order to see if files been really decrypted.

Since I do everything in Linux and can not have windows on this pc with bd drive--so I limited to Linux programs.
So instead of ImgBurn I chose k3b to burn it.
In K3b I chose new data project, entered name.
Then in burn options chose UDF as file system, writing mode auto.
It recorded disc.
I put it in samsung player and it reads it and says even name, it shows even popup window when you choose language, but when you try to press play button--says unavailable.

There are such folders:
AACS; BDMV; CERTIFICATE; and I think that MakeMKV created file discatt.dat--because I do not remember it having on BD itself.

Now I am trying to open MakeMKV--but it shows popup window after three day of usage that this version is very old, so either download the latest version or enter registration key.

Here on forum installation of Linux version looked too complicated, so how to get registration key in order it would work further?

Also is there anyway to open in MakeMKV backup structure folders and fix (Decrypt video Files) in order it would be possible to record it to bd and it would work in bd player?

Which program for recording bd is best in Linux and is there a tutorial how to choose settings in it for proper record?

How to add keys to MakeMKV ?

Thank you.
bmillham

Re: Can MakeMKV for Linux decrypt bd disc properly?

Post by bmillham »

LinuxFun wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:09 am
Hi. I installed in Xubuntu from market place MakeMKV-version is 1.14.4-1~bionic.

Here on forum installation of Linux version looked too complicated, so how to get registration key in order it would work further?

How to add keys to MakeMKV ?

Thank you.
Installing via the command line is simple. Just follow the instructions. All you have to do is cut and paste the commands. It will only take about a minute to compile and install it.

You don't need to add the keys if you have the latest version of MakeMKV.
Deke1955

Re: Can MakeMKV for Linux decrypt bd disc properly?

Post by Deke1955 »

As the last reply says, it's quite simple to cut and paste. Make sure you use the set of commands for your Linux version - there are two different on the webpage. I 'had' to add the key to get the latest version to work. It is available from a link if you do a Google search for makeMKV registration key. Then copy the key once the link opens and paste into the box that opens when you try to use the program.